Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unban Spacemoose

Where should Spacemoose be?

• Everywhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nowhere

• Roaming Free in Retardo Land

• Right Here

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
poster.png

Spacemoose
icon_salut.gif

Remember, remember, the 8th November.... Bravo to the patriot and martyr who risked his own account to show the truth! But it's not too late for getting him back(even though convincing someone to leave 72 virgins in a paradise is difficult)! Protest against the nearly-approaching Bethaspo level of moderation before it becomes too late. If nobody does nothing against the slippery slope, all the fears will become true and Fascism will overwhelm Codex, making it very easy for guerrilla marketeers to corrupt those in power. Do your democratic duties patriots and show that these excessive bans aren't welcome! Ban the Banhammer and bring Hivemind Democracy to the Codex!

polisci.gif

Codex doesn't and shouldn't scale to Polical Correctness Level. Stop the Big <s>Brother</s> Sister moderation now!

Last honor salve to Spacemoose
icon_salut.gif

decades.gif

TheLostOne

Savant
Roaming free in retardo...

Seriously, Retardo should not be locked. Useless and obnoxious threads get moved there to clean up the clutter in between real discussions. Fair enough.

There's not always something serious worth talking about, or sometimes you just feel like posting something silly and retarded. Let people do it in retardo land. It could clear up the general forum spam somewhat and give spammers like spacemonkey and psychos like JL a place to spaz out without offending anyone who doesn't want to see the shit.

This argument has been made before. One response is, "If you want to make retarded threads, do it on another website." Well we do want the completely retarded to stay away, but even the worst posters on the codex are more intelligent than the average on say the gamespot forums. People might want to dick around with other people who they know can understand satire and dark humor or even shock humor without taking it too seriously.

I could be wrong. Maybe letting people splatter their mental diarrhea on retardo will just cause the idiocy to spill over even more into the other forums. I don't think that's what would happen though.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
The only issue I ever have on the codex is when some teenage tit doesn't understand the concept of posting his wankpics behind a link.

Anything else is fair game. Dislike it? Take the person up on the issue in that thread.

Gets annoying when genuine discussions are derailed so I've no objection to mods kicking spam and shit out to new threads.

No idea what Spacemoose did to get banned but I still work on the presumption you have to be exceptionally retarded to get banned here.

Helton

Arcane
I have walked the corridors of tommorow, seen the twisted horrors there
Where "amigo" is a trifle word all: fleeting, fickle, and bare
The people -- and I saw myself -- all huddle and step so soft
For fear that next the ban will come for them right on the spot

And in my time I heard such lies: "No we were not ever friends"
"I never once enjoyed this poster or that who met their ends"
"The administration, in it's wisdom, knows funny from fail, I swear"
And that was all the posters said, each thread left empty with care

Heed my words for I speak win, this is no metaphor
It's happened before and will again: death by moderator.

Viva la Revolucion.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Vault Dweller said:
Mefi said:
No idea what Spacemoose did to get banned but I still work on the presumption you have to be exceptionally retarded to get banned here.
He posted this set of pictures. Scroll down a bit.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 1&start=50

I'm guessing there would have been no issue at all if some of the not worksafe ones were behind links?

This forum is turning into teen emo hell.

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
It was pretty obvious spacemoose wanted to be banned. Who really gives a fuck?

User was nabbed fit

Motion to change thread to: "Ban Cassidy".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom