Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Mask of the Betrayer

Nerve Gas

Educated
Main character: a fucking evil bitch. We'll be doing really evil things, for which we might need Intimidate, Bluff and Taunt.
So, vote for one class between Warlock and Rogue, possibly with additional Prestige classes. Also, vote on the race, and suggest a name.

Micmu

Magister
Big-titted, wide-assed Half-Orc chick named Lucy

k?

p.s.: pick the long haircut style with flower for extra hawtness.

fastpunk

Arbiter
I played this as a Warlock and once you get the uber powerful dark invocations you'll be unstoppable. So yeah, go with Warlock; besides, it fits evil characters really well. And make her a human female, they make the best Warlocks imho; tieflings work well too but they're level adjusted and we need the levels. And make sure you get a 24 on Spellcraft for the Eldritch Master feat, the most delicious feat you'll ever get for this class.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Warlock, human female, named Lady Dolph Lundgren or just Dolph Lundgren if the full name doesn't fit. Chaotic Evil of course.

Micmu

Magister
By the way, has anyone noticed how atrociously they changed the default female Warlock outfit in MoTB?
In vanilla NWN2 it had a nice cut out for cleveage, but after installing MoTB there's a shirt below.
Goddamn lamers.

MetalCraze

Arcane
but retarded kids don't play MotB - so it can't be ESRB
then again you can always mod the body back if you have the time

Nerve Gas

Educated
skyway said:
do it if you want.
btw is there any mod for Safia that gives her a hair? she looks ugly with bold head.
Yes, there is. No, I won't install that. Actually, I'll make sure to emphasize her baldness during the LP.
If anyone wants a link to the MotB revert pack, here it is. It also slightly improves the faces, a welcome change.
Any other mod suggestions?

MetalCraze

Arcane
I actually wanted that mod for myself as I'm planning to do a 2nd walkthrough of MotB.
edit: ok I've found it

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Human female warlock sounds pretty good. Make sure to drive down Safiya's influence as far as possible. And don't even think about fucking Gann. He's an idiot and doesn't deserve us.

- Even though MotB is pretty easy once you level high enough, I'd still recommend one of the spell fix mods, such as Reeron's. It cleans up a bunch of spells and fixes some classes, including adding Sneak Attack damage to touch-based spells (like the Warlock's Eldritch Blast), and that might help you out a lot in your quest to D0MiNaT3!!!1

- Maybe to add some eye-candy, get the Light Emitter mod for spells effects, as well. Oh, and don't forget Less Obtrusive Buff Effects! We need to see our hawt biatch in action, not surrounded by a bunch of stupid magic globes!

Alright then, get on with it.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Crispy said:
And don't even think about fucking Gann. He's an idiot and doesn't deserve us.

Bullshit! We're fucking Gann and that's final. I don't think many of us explored the Gann romance anyway, it might be fun to see how it goes.

Nerve Gas

Educated
Yeah. Besides, Evil+Gann+Anya=Win. You'll see.
Also, what the fuck do I do with all these feats? Suggest some good ones.
And Taunt vs. Lore. You're choice.

Some suggestions :

Starting feat - Luck of Heroes
Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration
Focus etc. on ranged touch attacks
Combat caster

Taunt could be good against annoying wizards (and it has dialogue uses), but I don't know if it'll ever work.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Feats:
Combat Casting, Spell, Greater Spell and Epic Spell Penetration and maybe a skill focus on Concentration are pretty much essential. Be sure to invest a lot of points into the Spellcraft skill (24 are needed) to get the epic feat Eldritch Master (50% more damage with eldritch blast... doesn't get any better than this). Also, when in the epic levels be sure to choose Epic Fiendish Resilience, and for fuck's sake, us it! :D

As for skills go for Lore, there are tons of Lore checks in dialogs in MotB. And choose Intimidate too, we wanna be mean right?

Nerve Gas

Educated
As of the latest patch, Warlocks are so badass that they can enchant anything without having to cast any spell.
How about this build:
Ladonna Lesifoere (I chose this name because she represents the will of the Codex, and those two are the closest things we have to girls over here. Also, your suggestions sucked). Human Warlock, Chaotic Evil. At level 18:

STR: 10
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 16
WIS: 8
CHA: 20

Feats:
Toughness
Ranged Touch Attack
Combat Casting
Great Spell Penetration
Craft Arms, Armor and Itamz
Luck of Heroes

Skills (all maxed):
Bluff
Concentration
Intimidate
Lore
Spellcraft
Taunt
(maybe replace one of those with Use Magic Device?)

Spells:
Beguiling Influence (+6 conv skills)
Dark Luck (+CHA bonus saves)
Leaps and Bounds (+4 Dex and Tumble, don't stack with Itamz)

Brimstone Blast
Eldritch Chain
Flee the Scene

Chilling Tentacles
Vitriolic Blast
Devour Magic

Binding Blast
Dark Foresight

Suggest changes.

Texas Red

Whiner
Crispy said:
Maybe replace Bluff with Tumble instead? 10 ranks in Tumble will get you a +1 to AC.

FAIL ALERT!

If you haven't yet heard MotB is about dialogs, not powergaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom