Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's paint some maps in EU3 Magna Mundi as the Mongols!

Starting date

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 1453(fall of Constantinople)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Gentlemen, comrades, faggots, sexy manbeasts. Inspired by Comrade Spaghetti's LP of EU3, but frustrated by the popamole faggotry within it, I have decided to grace you with the not so popamole, EU3: Magna Mundi.

Pick a start date, 1399, 1453, or 1477(Sengoku Jidai) and tell me who to play, only Bethesda could screw it up. Notables include the Oirat Hordes from 1453 and the Timurids from 1399. This is because of the new tribal and nomadic mechanics, meaning that tribes are not automatically and arbitrarily fucked.

edit:added a poll for the start date.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Hell yeah!

How about Byzantium, just for the lulz of comparing both plays? I'm not even sure if it's possible, I wouldn't bother myself I usually play with easy european nations on MM

Monocle protocole demands that popamole (holy fucking shit) must be avoided at all cost. So you should play a small state of the HRE

I wouldn't call HRE states hard, it's just they don't have much opportunity to expand without the shit hitting the fan. Byzantium has only Constantinople in this, unless you start at the date when the Ottomans are in civil war, but that's popamole. In the end though, it is all up to you glorious Codexian paragons of taste and humanity.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Play as Moldova or Wallachia and form the first Romanian Empire (you can do that by event in MM). You'd be surrounded by the Ottomans, Hungary, Muscovy, Lithuania and Bohemia. You'd be pretty pro to pull that off, but it'll be a boring, uneventful game at first.

Hmm, isn't MM supposedly balanced to start in 1453? Probably a good idea to go with that.
As for the nation: FSM's LP is all the Euro I can handle, at the moment, and I've been playing MM Sengoku Jidai myself, lately, so I'd be more interested to see something less pop - Central America or one of the small Oriental nations, if the former's too backwards for you.

Nex

Cipher
Do something different from the other LP. A horde sounds like a good option.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
yes, A magna mundi LP would be great, and I'll sure enjoy it, i cant play the vanilla EU3 anymore,
As for what the play, wallachia and serbia is hard, and albania is even harder,

golden horde is fun, you get lots of core giving events ,but your administrative efficiency is so bad, you dont even want them, and trying to modernize is challenging , and bloody russians and poles declaring wars on you on whim,not helping..

Japan unification, and invading ming is fun also

picking up france and making the europe a big blob of blue, without hitting the badboy limit ,with espionage and destroying hre in the process, priceless

Well the votes seem to add up to Oirats, including the vaguely Asian or horde votes. But the start date selected is 1399, so Mongol Khanate it is i guess. I'll do the first update as soon as possible, i'm itching to horde me some China.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Furious Flaming Faggot said:
Well the votes seem to add up to Oirats, including the vaguely Asian or horde votes. But the start date selected is 1399, so Mongol Khanate it is i guess. I'll do the first update as soon as possible, i'm itching to horde me some China.

Kicking china's ass is easy, muscovite's is hard, they have similar manpower, but
russians are more modernized therefore hard, and to the south ottomans have insane bonuses, and they are also hard as hell.
So ;

FOR THE HORDE!!!!! (the golden one, that is ...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom