Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LP Lyric Suite:Arcanum incline(Real choice)

To do or notto do.

• Procede good sir.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terribad English and over the top quirkyness?No thanks.

• Goddamn Italians.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kz3r0

Arcane
Index:
Lyric Suite
Lyric Suite meets Virgil
Crash Site
Crash Site(Thief Cave)
Crash Site(Exploration Continues)
Crash Site(Kite Shaman)
Crash Site(The Shrine)
Shrouded Hills(Inn)

I was thinking of making an LP based on our resident victorian phrenologist.
The poll will last one week, in the mean time suggestions are welcomed on what free imagehosting site to use, what background to pick for the character, or how creating one based on Codex insight.
AVATAR and NAME are obvious, of course.

About the skills I was thinking, based on LS posting history to use:

BACKGROUND Nietzsche's posterchild seems fitting but is useless, Escaped lunatic, also fitting in a very metaironic sick way and also useless, Mad Doctor or Miracle operation then?
Creating one of our own through various suggestions perhaps?

MELEE,considering his praise of the sword prowess of the Alpinids.

PERSUASION, will fit his articulate English, but not his uncompromising nature, and racism of course, meaning that we will slaughter every nigga and not trying to weasel out from combat through dialogue choices.

FIREARMS, the ingenuity of the white Man against the wilderness of an uncivilized world.

HAGGLE, God forbids, we are no Jew.

THIEVING SKILLS, It would fit the stereotype of the sneacky Italian, but seem out of character.

TECHNOLOGY, considering how conservative he is I am unsure on what discipline to take.
Smithying is in order, I guess, ELECTRIC too, considering that he works with PCs?
Maybe Theraupetics and Herbology considering his waning health?
What else to add?

MAGIC, well, honorable tradition or savage superstition?
If we choose the old ways what will suit him best?

QUESTS, we will fight the decline, Niggers, Jews, Hippies, Feminists and such to uphold the good old Victorian values.

Black

Arcane
Procede, but remember: one does not simply make an LP of Arcanum.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I like imageshack as it allows batch-uploading, doesn't run out of bandwidth, you don't have to register and you can get forum tags automatically on the pics, plus you can sort the order of the pictures.

Definitely go technology and melee/gun-combo might be viable. No womyn party members, that's certain.

Infantryman

Scholar
I recommend registering at Imageshack, as this guarantees that your images won't be deleted. Also, the Imageshack Uploader application makes things go really fast.

proceed.jpg

Infantryman

Scholar
Re: LP Lyric suite, an Arcanum tale.

Kz3r0 said:
QUESTS, we will fight the decline, Niggers, Jews, Hippies, Feminists and such to uphold the good old Victorian values.

Noble pursuit :obviously:

I had an idea for 100% diplomat or INT 1 half-ogre Arcanum LP but reached a conclusion it's too ambitious and would probably end up being abandoned after few updates.

Kz3r0

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
I like imageshack as it allows batch-uploading, doesn't run out of bandwidth, you don't have to register and you can get forum tags automatically on the pics, plus you can sort the order of the pictures.

Definitely go technology and melee/gun-combo might be viable. No womyn party members, that's certain.
In this case the Miracle Operation background is a given.
For party members, all ,Hippies(Elves), Jews(Gnomes), Bruthas(Ogres and such), and every sort of Half-breed are excluded, I am unsure about Dwarves and halflings.
Considering that Dwarves don't have Females they seem pretty much in character tho.

Kz3r0

Arcane
root said:
the party should be all-human, of course.
So we have:
Virgil, of course.
Franklin Payne, very suitable for a techie, and a very funny character, enlisted..
Dante, a fellow Italian, he's a mage even if a skilled melee fighter, he also hate Bruthas, all right this one is a given.
Sebastian, very useful for a techie, he also is instrumental to cleanse Arcanum from the multikult filth, all right, enlisted
I would exclude:
Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe. another mage, but we must be evil to get him and he isn't very useful.
The Bane of Kree, no barbarian scum please.

And I am in doubt for Torian Kel, another evil choiche, do we want a walking corpse with us?

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Kz3r0 said:
root said:

Careful, Conan lurks around...

also why no barbarian scum?

Barbarians and italians go well togheter, sometimes I would like to go barbarian on my fellow countrymen, make no mistake.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Krraloth said:
Kz3r0 said:
root said:

Careful, Conan lurks around...

also why no barbarian scum?

Barbarians and italians go well togheter, sometimes I would like to go barbarian on my fellow countrymen, make no mistake.
We are refined Gentlemen. :obviously:
Also it will be impossible to have him in the party unless Lyric Suite becomes a master of persuasion, or goes full evil losing Dante and Payne.

oscar

Arcane
Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe was awesome. I'll never forget his voice. Arcanum probably had the most memorable voice acting of any rpg really.

Dwarves would fit well. Women are out of view from society and they've been outbred by humans who have misused technology to dumb their lives down.

What alignment are you going for? I thought the evil npc's were quite a bit more entertaining.

Kz3r0

Arcane
oscar said:
Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe was awesome. I'll never forget his voice. Arcanum probably had the most memorable voice acting of any rpg really.

Dwarves would fit well. Women are out of view from society and they've been outbred by humans who have misused technology to dumb their lives down.

What alignment are you going for? I thought the evil npc's were quite a bit more entertaining.
Good ,of course :obviously:
Also I try to stay faithful to the Lyric Suite persona as possible as I can, and almost all evil characters are not human or mages, plus there is a certain character that I want in the party that will join you only if you are good, on a side note all dwarves are good aligned.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Great, we don't even started and are already go from monocle to rag-tag bunch, why don't use an half-ogre then?
At this rate we need a Master in Persuasion for holding together the party, unless you want yo discard all the good aligned companions.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Here the character creation

As you can see we have choose a background that gives us some physical disadvantage, that we wiill correct with a heavy use of potions.

Taking advantage of the high perception.

Consequently we take some level in gun smithy.

We buy as much ammo as possible and a rapier for Virgil.

Infantryman

Scholar
How are you going to fight with lame wolves and goblins? Bleed on them? Virgil would do just fine with his staff, and if he gets the kill, player receives only 20% of the XP.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Infantryman said:
How are you going to fight with lame wolves and goblins? Bleed on them? Virgil would do just fine with his staff, and if he gets the kill, player receives only 20% of the XP.
Thst's not a problem, you can craft a flintlock pistol almost immediately, and for xp there are enough places to explore full of things to kill.

Kz3r0

Arcane
We are living in an new age of wondrous inventions, the old ways of Magic are about to be forgotten as the ingenuity of the White Man begins its mission of bringing civilization to the wild lands once roamed by Dragons, Orcs, Elves and other despicable things.
Now we are celebrating one of the greatest triumphs of the new era, the maiden flight of the Zephyr:
Here in all its cinematic glory.

AoW1_Heroes_80x100_Halfling_Priestess.jpg
"Hey Lyric Suite, why you are so mean to Virgil?"
Male25.jpg
"Because he's a moron".
"Flawless logic."

Male25.jpg
"Goddamn race traitor"

Male25.jpg
"Do I look like a friggin tree-hugger to you?"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Let' s wait for a while until the fog clouding the crash site and the minds of our protagonists dissipates."

Black

Arcane
Male25.jpg

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom