Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware adds homo sex to mass effect 3

CorpseZeb

Learned
Big Nick Digger said:
Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game.

:lol:

But is this unrealistic of some sort (apart from general quality of me series)? If we consider “whore” characters to be realistic touch in games, the same goes for different sex preferences. Btw... what 'bout Fallout 2...

CorpseZeb said:
But is this unrealistic of some sort (apart from general quality of me series)? If we consider “whore” characters to be realistic touch in games, the same goes for different sex preferences. Btw... what 'bout Fallout 2...

Not unrealistic but to change all the party members into bi or something in the third game in a trilogy is kind of strange, that'd be like if Han Solo was lusting after Luke in Return of the Jedi. Always figured Shepard was straight too.

DraQ

Arcane
I see they haven't noticed yet that their broadened audience consisting mostly of non-nerdy adolescents sitting on their couches and playing call of derp with their pads is probably going to be much less welcoming to openly gay content?

Good.
The best trolling is self-inflicted.
:smug:

CorpseZeb

Learned
Big Nick Digger said:
Not unrealistic but to change all the party members into bi or something in the third game in a trilogy is kind of strange, that'd be like if Han Solo was lusting after Luke in Return of the Jedi. Always figured Shepard was straight too.

Y'know they DO have some dense moments in the bushes of Endor moon, but I see your point here...

CorpseZeb

Learned
DraQ said:
I see they haven't noticed yet that their broadened audience consisting mostly of non-nerdy adolescents sitting on their couches and playing call of derp with their pads is probably going to be much less welcoming to openly gay content?

You clearly overlook strong attention of young male human being to “bi” side of women sexual preferences. You should read “bi” or “gay” as “lesbian”...

Ps. Still... this is better than proper monogamous stuff...

Oesophagus

Arcane
CLEARLY this is the only thing that ME2 lacked. Now the masterpiece is complete

CorpseZeb said:
Ps. Still... this is better than proper monogamous stuff...

If they had any balls they would have implemented alien-human-dog-spaceship foursomes. Emergent storytelling and all that

DraQ

Arcane
CorpseZeb said:
DraQ said:

You clearly overlook strong attention of young male human being to “bi” side of women sexual preferences. You should read “bi” or “gay” as “lesbian”...
wat.jpg

CorpseZeb

Learned

And this lady is... who? DA2... But... but you see, DA2 is dark, adult, medieval story, about times where men slept with their horses not to mention their jarls. And ME is all about bright future when every men will be lesbian... I guess.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I'm not sure if I'm for or agaisnt this. I mean all good '80 movies had homo inuendo, and ME kind of lacks this, so this can only be an improvement. However having to deal with Jonny's mother issues while saving the galaxy makes me uncomfortable. I mean, I will do it for woman, because Shepperd is pimp, but I don't think Shepperd would go for the cock unless in prison, in which everyone would take it in the ass from him, of course. This is important, and imperative, to consider. If Shepperd goes for cock, it means perhaps that all other pussy is rotten and disgusting. This is the only option. I think this can work in a way. Look at it this way -

"Shepperd u r the only one that can save galaxy"
"OF COURSE I AM THE COCK COMMANDER"
"Shepperd what r we gonna do"
"YOU WILL OBEY MY ORDERS"
"Give me an extreme command, commander"
"YES I HAVE A HUGE GUN. BUT WAIT. WHO ARE YOU? BEND DOWN, I WILL PISS IN YOUR ANUS"
"Yes commander!"
"THERE WE GO. I GET THE JOB DONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, REMEMBER THAT"

DraQ

Arcane
Konjad said:
They seem really desperate to wider their audience.
But sometimes attempts at broadening your audience end up with a pile of stuff in which every single thing is hated by at least half of your marketing target.

Usually as a result of some clueless fucks in suits with no idea what actually happens on the receiving end of their marketing strategy trying to make up for their utter ignorance with guesswork, really crude estimates and simplistic numerical models that fail to account for half of the important variables.

Then shit hits the fan(s).

Project: Eternity
Serious_Business said:
"Shepperd u r the only one that can save galaxy"
"OF COURSE I AM THE COCK COMMANDER"
"Shepperd what r we gonna do"
"YOU WILL OBEY MY ORDERS"
"Give me an extreme command, commander"
"YES I HAVE A HUGE GUN. BUT WAIT. WHO ARE YOU? BEND DOWN, I WILL PISS IN YOUR ANUS"
"Yes commander!"
"THERE WE GO. I GET THE JOB DONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, REMEMBER THAT"

I like how Shep only speaks in ALL CAPS in this.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This makes absolutely no sense at all.

No longer can you safely pick the dialogue option to bro-fist your space bros, 'cuz that might actually lead to bro fisting bro.

curry

Arcane
Lets just hope they don't push you to the homosexual path like in DA2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom