Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Phantom Brigade is a turn-based tactical mech combat RPG from ex-Kerbal Space Program developers
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 31 August 2018, 23:58:18Tags: Brace Yourself Games; Phantom Brigade
Phantom Brigade - not to be confused with the recently released Phantom Doctrine and Strange Brigade - is an upcoming turn-based tactical mech combat RPG. The game's developers include two prominent ex-Kerbal Space Program developers, who joined with others to form the Seattle-based Tetragon Works and have been working on the game since early 2016. More recently, Tetragon merged with Vancouver-based indie studio Brace Yourself Games (developers of an upcoming city builder/strategy game called Industries of Titan which is also worth checking out) but all the same developers still appear to be onboard. According to its Steam page, Phantom Brigade aims to put a "cinematic spin on the turn-based genre", and the teaser trailer they've put together for PAX West is certainly cinematic. I'll post it here, but you should definitely check out the old development update videos by creative lead Chad "C7" Jenkins as well.
Phantom Brigade is a turn-based tactical RPG, focusing on in-depth customization and player driven stories. As the last surviving squad of mech pilots, you must capture enemy equipment and facilities to level the playing field. Outnumbered and out-gunned, lead The Brigade through a desperate campaign to retake their war-torn homeland.
- Cinematic spin on the turn-based genre • Predict enemy movements, orchestrate precisely timed countermeasures and watch the action unfold.
- Strategy • Make high-level tactical decisions on the world map, manage your base, and decide how to apply your limited resources.
- Tactical combat • Take command of your squad in varied missions ranging from sabotage of enemy equipment and infiltration of high tech facilities to convoy ambushes and challenging outpost onslaughts.
- Customization • Featuring a rich customization system, the game enables you to fine-tune performance of your mechs, install a wide selection of equipment and access a wealth of cosmetic options. Make your ready to face any challenge - in style.
- Destructible environments • It's not a proper game about walking tanks without some falling buildings. The game allows every square meter of every scene to be destroyed. Blow up any cover and collapse buildings over your enemies.