Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Might & Magic VI-inspired indie blobber Legendary Journeys now available on Early Access
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Tue 8 September 2020, 01:08:29Tags: Blind Monkey Games; Legendary Journeys
Free-roaming, non-grid based open world blobbers in the style of Might & Magic VI and Wizardry 8 are the most rare subtype of an already rare genre. There are a number of indie games currently in development that match that description, but Kevin French's Legendary Journeys might be the first to become properly available for sale as an Early Access title. It's a classic fantasy roleplaying experience about a party of adventurers who meet in a tavern and embark on a quest to assemble a mystic artifact. The game has been in development since at least 2015, though Kevin seems to have only begun publicizing it in earnest in 2018. Here's the latest gameplay video and an excerpt from its Early Access FAQ:
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
Legendary Journeys is planned to be in Early Access between 12-18 months.
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
The final version of the game will see the following:
- All zones implemented
- All spells and combat abilities implemented
- All classes fleshed out
- All Trade skill recipes implemented
- The main story line in place (zones, dialog, items, etc)
- Additional side content made available
- Mechanics like skill checks will be fully implemented
The current version of the game includes the following and is in a playable state:
- Most zones in Umbrea (starting realm) are completed
- Start of the main quest is in place
- Most spells are in game
- Most combat abilities are in game
- Some skill checks (lock pick, disarm trap, lore) are functional
- Combat AI for monsters
- Turn-Based combat mechanics in place
- Loot - gotta have loot!
- Status effects
- Save/Load game system including an Auto-save feature
- Trade skills - a few recipes for Alchemy are in game for potion brewing and available for brewing
- 110 monsters are in game and spread throughout 26 zones (overland and dungeons)