Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by aries202

1. Broken Sword is fast losing its charm.

In the Infocom text adventures Zork xxx the game is not playing fair. If you do not say light things in dark places, you'll be eaten by a grue. In Zork: Nemesis which is a graphics (and very good, imo) adventure game, there is at one point a timed sequence, but it is doable - if you hurry. I...
  2. Broken Sword is fast losing its charm.

There are adventure games out there that have puzzles in them, and a lot of them. Games like Schism, Scratches, and this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkness_W ... ath_Nolder Acccording to the wiki: "It takes place in an imaginary "Lovecraftian" place called Wellsmoth. It is the...
  3. I have reviewed Dragon Age 2 Mark of the Assassin

You do know that you can romance Sebastian in Dragon Age 2; this won't lead to a sex scene since Sebastian is chaste an only wants a platonic romance i.e. without sex. As for MotA, I haven't formed an opinion yet as I haven't played it yet. However, judging from the Bioware boards on DA2 and...
  4. The Publisher's New Game

And so H.C. Andersen's fairytale lives and strikes yet again. You only seem to miss the part where the two swindlers mention to the King etc. that if people cannot see anything, it must mean that they're either stupid or unfit to do their jobs. Also, did you know that H.C. Andersen was...
  5. Review The Witcher 2 Review

I played Witcher 1 on easy, because I wanted to experience the stoiry; I also have very poorly hand-eye coordination, due to an incident from my childhood. It has gotten better with training, but qte's in games; I have trouble with e.g. the handwaving for real in the Harry Potter games for...
  6. Review The Witcher 2 Review

I never got the whole idea or concept behind the tolken-esque fantasy either; to me Witcher games are not tolken-esque at all. Maybe he thinks the tolkien-esque comes from the fact that there are dwarves and elves in it? If so, he probably did not pay much attention....at all... (sorry, to be so...
  7. I really fucking hate dungeons/caves/crypts/sewers in RPGs.

There are dungeons in Might and Magic Heroes games? I never knew this, because I didn't play nay of them. That's why I suggested the rpg games. However, instead of raging, why not post about MM:Heroes games have interesting dungeons...
  8. I really fucking hate dungeons/caves/crypts/sewers in RPGs.

The old might and magic games (the rpgs, not the rts) comes to mind. At least when it comes to traps, levers, puzzles and exploration. Suddenly you fall down because you stepped on wrong plate in the floor. Creepy atmosphere in the dungeons in Might and Magic rpg games....? I can't remember if...
  9. Gray Matter is out! (From the creator of Gabriel Knight)

Adventure games, at least pure adventure games does not sell these days. Sad this is :( You can double the 10,000 games sold retail when tallying up the games sold. Still, 20,000 games sold is not much these days. I've only played the demo of this game; it is clear to me that Jane...
  10. Company News BioWare Hacked

Actually it is the old (school) nwn (and possible nwn2 sites as well?) that has been hacked, not the new ones at the Bioware Social Network (BSN). Christ Priestly also wrote a message where he explained that Bioware investigated what had happened and that would see what they could do abotu...
  11. Gooka or Pathologic worth 3 bucks?

I've played Gooka off and on for about 1 or maybe 2 years now. And I'd definetely say that it it worth 3 bucks... I also tried Pathologic (isn't it the game where you wander around in in a town in fog?) If it is, I found it very interesting, very unique and creative, but the controls I...
  12. Game News Get your Dungeon Siege III Demo

I tried the demo (finished it about an hour ago or so). And this below Obsidian's standard. The story is not great, the art design is meh, the characters are bland and uninspired, the writing are even more uninspired, and the voice acting is terrible. In my opinion of course. Then there's the...
  13. Gaider"anyone touching my baby makes my heart palpitate

Mike Laidlaw is the Lead Designer of DA2....says so in the interview, too... And Gaider also says that the framed story was Mike's idea...
  14. Gaider"anyone touching my baby makes my heart palpitate

Actually, what Gaider is saying here (reading between the lines) is that if he didn't agree to the changes made in DA2, the Lead Writer would be another one... Also, note how he sort of says that everythings that changed in DA2 (from DA:=) was Laidlaw's responsibility...
  15. The return of Mike Laid Low

This would actully make more sense, especially the Exodus subtitle for what is now known as DA2. But wtf did EA, and Bioware, not see that they could sell nearly anything with the DA and the Bioware logo on it. As it is now, sales are low, metacritic and user scores are low...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom