Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by CyberWhale

1. CyberWhale

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

The smaller skirmishes could be broken up as a part of a larger epic battle. Small scale interactive section in the midst of a larger battle taking place in a background, mostly as scenery. Doesn't even have to be fully linear, there could be different paths depending on your dialog choices or...
  2. CyberWhale

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

Looks pretty good. A bit stiff when it comes to animations of human movement, hair and clothing which is to be expected from an Eurojank title, but the physically based rendering of materials seems to be using some of the newer tech and makes everything look more solid and grounded. Naming is...
  3. CyberWhale

Final Fantasy IX Remake

Good. I hope they stick to the original as much as possible, while only including some convenience improvements in the combat department (from different difficulty settings, to skipping the long as animations).
  4. CyberWhale

RTS Command & Conquer Remastered Collection from Petroglyph

Ah, Worf. I was actually wondering if it is Sisko, but I've rejected it, despite doing the test run pretty late. Never seen Dorn without his Klingon makeup.
  5. CyberWhale

RTS Command & Conquer Remastered Collection from Petroglyph

Works fine it seems (1.09), but there is no truly functional widescreen fix, as far as I could figure. Bordered, stretched or dysfunctional true screen (with fucked up UI selection). Also, Duke Atreides is a negro.
  6. CyberWhale

Game News Unforetold: Witchstone cancelled

This is the reason numero uno why sane indie developers use simple 2D pixel graphics, especially when attempting to create complex titles - which RPGs undoubtedly are. Although truth be told, I don't think this bunch would be able to do even that, regardless of scale and circumstances.
  7. CyberWhale

Layoffs at ZA/UM, unannounced game cancelled

Can you give me a recap of what actually happened here? Our local commie joined the studio and helped the new management with getting rid of the original team, only to end up fired due to layoffs? Or am I missing the mark here (and misremembering what lead to all of this)...
  8. CyberWhale

I just want to see the US and Russia nuking each other.

I just want to see the US and Russia nuking each other.
  9. CyberWhale

Game News Steam Next Fest, February 2024: Demos of upcoming RPGs available from February 5th to 12th

I was hoping Consortium is gonna have new assets as well. Seems like this is just an engine port, unfortunately.
  10. CyberWhale

Interregnum Chronicles: False Prophet - tactical turn-based strategy set in frozen wasteland of California - coming Q2 2024

Looks decent, but who the Hell came up with that name and which one of the higher ups agreed to it?
  11. CyberWhale

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Unless you play stuff at 4k@120Hz at maxxed out details, it isn't worth playing it at all. Also, fuck graphics whores, hardware companies and developers pandering to them.
  12. CyberWhale

Why is Freelancer considered good?

Always liked the idea of it, but was never able to get immersed and actually play it more than an hour or two. The issue was not with the arcade-y and simplified mechanics, but rather with extremely boring quests and characters. I was expecting an interactive Star Trek/Babylon 5 RPG with...
  13. CyberWhale

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Any ideas on how to configure Half-pixel offset option on the new/Nightly PCSX2 GUI (or outside of it)? Useful for resolving bluring from a double image, but can't seem to find it and can't seem to find an answer anywhere on the internet either.
  14. CyberWhale

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Most of them are just junkies consooming the product, no matter how shit it is. That is why you have the deranged narrative that downscoring and/or boycotting the games is not fair, since the game is not to be blamed (for publisher greed and developer incompetence). My precioussss levels of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom