Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Earth Nuggets

1. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Names might be wrong, but the icons are fine. There's only one icon for wooden containers. Charged Axe: 40 Electric, 20 Smithing (Tech Smiths, 5% chance) Shreck's Multi-Barreled Pistol: Gun Smithy 85 (Bate's Factory) Clockwork Physician: Mechanical 70, Herbology 85 (Inventors, 10%...
  2. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

There's only a 3% chance a Gun Smith will have it, so probably bad luck.
  3. Gog.com 15% off RPGs -- but what's worth getting?

The game does come with a short book though, which is kind of cool considering most developers would never throw in shit like that nowadays.
  4. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Oh well, good learning experience anyway, I suppose.
  5. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

I watched Gar equip some Dread Armor and turn bright blue the other day, and it reminded me of that request you made to fix the orc's color palettes from like 60 pages back in this thread. After doing a little reading, I busted out Photoshop and did my best to modify the palettes by hand. It...
  6. Arcanum: a more balanced XP cap remover

Looks good. Also, can't you guys just download the damn 3 KB file? It's a MES file, not an EXE.
  7. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Oh whoa, so the game opens in a window without an annoying application? Awesome!
  8. Worst dialogues in RPG history

[STRENGTH] Don't worry, kid. I'm a big, tough guy.
  9. Emil on level scaling

I think it mostly had to due with the fact that the leveling system is fucking abysmal. Creatures in the world apparently get substantial attribute increases as they level with you. On the other hand, the player has to spend time grinding up two minor skills connected to two different attributes...
  10. Arcanum yet again pleasantly surprises me

This doesn't exist. All the cinemas in the game are in the main directory. Extracting the DATA file will only get you the Sierra and Troika logos, which will be cached anyway. There are also placeholders for the dialogue in movies in the DLG files; I'd think someone would have spotted something...
  11. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

I'm glad to have been a part of this project, Drog. I wish you luck in all your future endeavors!
  12. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Neat, more voice-overs! 01087MinGorad Line 107, 503, 511: "Can not" should be "cannot." Line 121: "Re enter" should be "reenter." Line 200: Final sentence reads "it seems to me" while voice actress simply states "seems to me." Line 329, 332, 335: Should "Mountain Dorfs" really be...
  13. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

I don't think it's bad; the constant snake-like "sss" just gets on my nerves a bit, I suppose. There's a movie clip? I looked in the movies folder under the Arcanum module directory and didn't find it, thinking that was the case. I only attempted an evil play-through once and screwed it up.
  14. Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Sorry for the delay! 01079HTParnell Line 69, 179-180: Orc is capitalized. It is also capitalized in Line 177 and 513, but I find it acceptable there, as it is a title of sorts ("Gar the Orc"). Line 75: A solitary "giant" is capitalized here, when in all other instances, it is not...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom