Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Elthosian

1. Elthosian

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Someone got filtered, I see Jenkem :smug: ________________________________________________ Fear & Hunger is not discounted but at 8 dollars it well deserves a try: Really unconventional RPG and one of my best experiences with RPGMaker-adjacent stuff.
  2. Elthosian

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

22 dollars for the absolute best game of all time and its colossal expansion will never be a bad deal:
  3. Elthosian

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Thanks!! I'll give it a shot with this installed :shittydog:
  4. Elthosian

KickStarter Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - remake from Spiderweb Software

Is the remake of the first one worth playing, or should I wait for the Geneforge 2 remake to be released? FWIW, I played Geneforge 2 back in the day but I didn't get to finish (put over 40 hours into it though) and don't want to burn out by playing them so close to each other, but I tried...
  5. Elthosian

KickStarter Homeworld 3 from Blackbird Interactive - coming May 13th

It’s been a while but I recall seeing strike craft refueling off the support frigates.
  6. Elthosian

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Could you share this mod? Had been waiting for somebody to fix the difficulty settings and this looks like the real deal.
  7. Elthosian

HW1 had a fuel system for smaller craft which some people hated but I liked as a mini-tactical layer. They didn't bring it back for HW3 but I suppose that was a given since they also axed it for the HW1 remake.
  8. Elthosian

Some parts of controlling stuff did feel off and I've seen serious concerns by some (not all) HW veterans there, but this seems like the kind of stuff a demo helps to correct course for and gets fixed by a month 1 patch in the worst case scenario. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst...
  9. Elthosian

Demo is available on Steam from right now until the 12th. Gave it a try just now, it has a tutorial plus the co-op multiplayer mode they had been mentioning. Thankfully, you can play the latter alone if you set up a private lobby. The good: honestly despite the FPS/MOBA focus seen in the...
  10. Elthosian

Traditional vs. weird settings

If I’m already selective about the stuff I play because I don’t have much free time, it’s a given that I won’t skim on quality. It’s a matter of priority over various criteria. Armored Core 6 for instance is a great game with solid mechanics, but Rain World has a much more novel/weird *and*...
  11. Elthosian

Traditional vs. weird settings

Weird every time, don’t need to play in the same world countless times. Time is too limited to be spent like that.
  12. Elthosian

Incline Post-decline gems

Our anti-decline experience with Rain World just gets better. I don't want to spoil much for those that intend to play the expansions, but the Hunter and Artificer campaigns have been fucking amazing, to the point my wife refuses to start another game until we're done with these. I said before...
  13. Elthosian

Subnautica: Released (SPOILER WARNING past Post #1)

Pretty much, the game does everything I could have wished to see in a hardcore no punchs pulled Metroid game but even better and with far more of an identity. What a masterpiece.
  14. Elthosian

Subnautica: Released (SPOILER WARNING past Post #1)

The exploration is fairly good but no building, note however that until a certain point when you're able to 'use' some special items, the reward is often in the exploration itself and getting to see new creatures and interactions. IMO, worth it even if it's just to experience the ecosystem. It...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom