Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Etharil

1. Etharil

Making new spells for ToEE - Discussion

Sorry for disappearing - my monitor is currently broken (capacitors died, so not enough power to launch, basically) and I'm waiting for a replacement one.
  2. Etharil

Ease of use for effects that detect conditions in order to apply new ones?
  3. Etharil

Sitra Achara Yeah I'm somewhat aware of that, I was merely asking if implementing such a condition would be possible in the future for those, who wouldn't be good enough to do the Python Modifiers, so that they could pick from a pool of conditions like how right now Chaos Hammer can pick from a...
  4. Etharil

Would adding the same sort of query like the one for alignment (example: if (alignment & ALIGNMENT_LAWFUL) which would translate to if (condition & CONDITION_FATIGUED) in this particular case) be possible in the future so that others could have it easier in the next versions of Temple+?
  5. Etharil

Sitra Achara That's possible - I'll try my hand at creating the modifiers though and see what I can brew up. By the way does ToEE have a function to check for a condition in order to replace it with another one? Moved Sirroco to 850 and Regenerate to 851.
  6. Etharil

Nice! I'll see if I can do it, I think adding Fatigued and Exhausted could open up an entirely new repertoir of spells for some classes. By the way check my edit regarding Barbarian_Fatigued.
  7. Etharil

Awww, shame. Is it something that can be added? EDIT: Using Barbarian_Fatigued for Sirocco CTDs the game. Want a log?
  8. Etharil

Does it apply the same penalties as a regular fatigued? I'll assume that's a yes and that applying it a second time will cause the exhausted condition?
  9. Etharil

Okay, I finished the regenerate spell (with a temporary static stun duration), but I can't get it to show up in history rolls as a "X casts Regenerate!" like I could with Sirocco for some reason. Sitra Achara Any clue?
  10. Etharil

I see. That's good. Do you know what the proper name for the fatigued condition is within the code so that I can add it to Sirocco? It's not 'fatigued' apparently.
  11. Etharil

I used target_item.obj.spell_heal instead of target.obj.spell_heal - doing the latter solved the issue. Currently trying to randomise the stun duration.
  12. Etharil

Okay, got it. Moved them to 814 and 815. Trying to come up with a way to randomise the stun duration as it has to be an integer or long type value. Does ToEE execute random function?
  13. Etharil

Huh, found something interesting but also annoying - "toee.PySpellTargetsEntry" object has no attribute 'spell_heal'. I'll see if I can work around it.
  14. Etharil

Sitra Achara Is ID 584 taken by anything? I used it for Regenerate. Will edit Sirroco to use 590 instead of 580. EDIT: Just read the updated post - I'll move it to 798 and Regenerate to 799.
  15. Etharil

You can also use damage.dice *2 for simplicity's sake so that you only have to change the dice once, at the beginning of the script, instead of within the check for the subtype itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom