Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by jebsmoker

1. jebsmoker

Parkan series: Lost and forgotten Russian space sims (has anyone here ever played them?)

i can testify that the GOG re-release of Parkan 1 is compatible with Windows 10
  2. jebsmoker

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

new graviteam tactics expansion (oh yeah)
  3. jebsmoker

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

https://www.moddb.com/mods/nlc7-he23/downloads someone bothered to make a better, hand-revised translation for NLC 7 (although ChatGPT did most of the heavy lifting in this case) sharing this here because it seems like the translation that everyone has been waiting for, more or less - AI-done...
  4. jebsmoker

Manor Lords - medieval city-building with large scale battles

the only game i can think of that is vaguely like Manor Lords in any way is probably this - an obscure, eurojank city-building game from 2004: https://www.mobygames.com/game/15696/medieval-lords-build-defend-expand/
  5. jebsmoker

starni games' new game is out: they might actually challenge graviteam's position as being the king of slavjank ww2 tactical autism games, because this looks *really* good. i don't even mind the fact that the ui and main menu are shameless rip-offs of the ones from company of heroes
  6. jebsmoker

the long-forgotten prequel to Ubersoldier 2 is now on Steam... for whatever reason. i'm glad you can finally buy it on Steam now, but I recall that it's really hard to get running on modern operating systems. maybe Strategy First actually fixed that?
  7. jebsmoker

New Silent Hill Announced

congrats this is the dumbest post i've read all year and we're only 4 months into 2024 big internet tough guy doesn't get why people have trouble struggling with certain things that changes a certain element of one's character forever, more at 8
  8. jebsmoker

Anime The mistake a lot of modern boomer shooters make

lots of new boomer shooters have a cargo cult mentality towards certain things and devs behind them don't get why games like Half Life or Quake are as good as they are; most of the older boomer shooters have cohesion in areas that matter, such as level design, art design, weapon balancing, and...
  9. jebsmoker

GOG.com

this post makes zero sense all consumer computers need a reliable form of long term, non-volatile storage can be serviced (i.e. removed and replaced if it breaks) if something goes wrong for whatever reason SSD's - either in the form of NVME SSD's that connects directly to your motherboard, or...
  10. jebsmoker

RTS Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance - Future Wars Terminator RTS

does Defiance use PhysX like Syrian Warfare, despite the fact that PhysX was long-abandoned after Syrian Warfare came out? i find juggling various PhysX drivers that only work with certain games to be a pain in the ass, but i'll deal with it if Defiance uses it
  11. jebsmoker

RTS Command & Conquer Remastered Collection from Petroglyph

yeah i got emperor: battle for dune as a birthday present and played it a lot it has *all* of westwood's rts design tropes, including the more polarizing ones. if you don't like specific design quirks from westwood's rts games, you won't like it
  12. jebsmoker

the old GSC forums are long-gone now sadly - you can only view them on archive.org now i remember Kanyhalos hyping up his Oblivion Lost mod there, and i also remember him mentioning that he wanted to put music from World of Warcraft into it for whatever reason
  13. jebsmoker

i've finished a hand-written English translation for Dester's Arsenal Mod before you ask 'why the fuck did you translate a mod from 2008' - this mod represents a major milestone in STALKER modding and is absolutely worth preserving and remembering download it here and follow the instructions...
  14. jebsmoker

Another Age of Pirates 2 thread

i'm bumping this thread because it's an excellent resource for the best community made patches for City Of Abandoned Ships i tried the Peter Blood campaign in the COAS with the Maelstrom source port, but many several important quests that are vital for the progression of the main plot are just...
  15. jebsmoker

the buildo department has called me today... they told me: "jeb-sama.... oblivion lost remake 3.0 is HERE" .... okay, it's not actually fully released - it's a public beta, but still, this is *huge* news for anyone who is into the original vision of STALKER you can procure it here...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom