Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Grog

1. Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I'm struggling to understand the speed criticisms. Can't you adjust the game speed? Are you saying it is too fast even at half speed? Would more, slower speed slider options help? Or is there some other fundamental problem that is unaffected by the speed settings?
  2. Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

It seems like maybe they should just take a page from D&D 5 and make skill picks a have it / don't check along with character level. No need to redo all the numerical checks. No way for investment in a skill to end up a waste. And you could make rogues a dedicated skill character by giving them...
  3. Codex Interview RPG Codex Retrospective Interview: Jon Van Caneghem on Might and Magic

Great interview. It almost inspires me to dig around my mom's house to see if I still have my completion certificates for MM2-5. I definitely feel like the industry lost something when the developers ceased taking the time to print some kid's name and score on a piece of paper and mail it back...
  4. Binary Domain バイナリー ドメイン : Revenge Solves Everything

Have you messed around with the APEngine.ini at all yet? There's some good options for improving the mouse situation described on the Obsidian forums. As for play style, the only thing that matters is to score with as many ladies as possible. You should specialize in sub-machine guns and...
  5. Let's ironman Fire Emblem (Interlude)

Is this dead? That makes me a sad panda.:rpgcodex:
  6. Let's ironman Fire Emblem (Interlude)

More please! I really wish I hadn't sold my old GBA carts. I have Shadow Dragon for DS, and it's pretty good, but this one is so much better. I can't wait to once again bask in the awesomeness of Hector. What a BRO!
  7. Can't Cloak My Emotions, Can't Mask My Tears (Top Ten)

I think my favorite part might be playing spot the cameos. The artists really went nuts hiding fun little details to be found in the background of just about every panel. I think they recreated the Spiderman cover where Peter Parker ditches the suit in the garbage and is walking away hanging...
  8. Let's ironman Fire Emblem (Interlude)

Priscilla always turned out way better for me than Serra ever does. She's more mobile, and has better stat growths. The only nice thing about Serra is that I think her stat caps are better, but she'll never hit them with her crappy growths. Ultimately you won't be using either of them much...
  9. Let's Sail The River of Time - 21 (Rat Diplomacy)

Please sir, may we have some MOAR :M Though I'd settle for the Gamebanshee subsite. :love:
  10. Let's Sail The River of Time - 21 (Rat Diplomacy)

This game causes huge analysis paralysis for me. Every time I fire it up I eat up most of my 2 hours of gaming time dicking around in the character creator. I want to stroll around as a huge, awesome, Thorwalian tribal because he's badass but I also want to mess around with spells. The...
  11. Ok so Betrayal at Krondor is awesome

If anyone wants to check out the story but doesn't have time for or access to the game, there's always the novel.
  12. Gahahaha, let's play Sengoku Rance! (NSFW)

:M Can we please see how it all ends?
  13. Review Dragon Age Leliana’s Song DLC Review

It's either a blatant retcon in the name of cheapness, or the professional liar was lying. Not having played the expansion, I don't know whether Lelliana lying to the Warden makes sense though.
  14. Why are Strength and Constitution never merged ?

Are we forgetting that the later Ultimas already did this? They only had STR, and it determined attack power and hit points.
  15. Let's Play Blood Bowl - Chaos Team

Two words: Throw Teammate

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom