Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by himmy

1. himmy

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

in no particular order, the numeration was for counting purposes: Top RPGs: 1. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 2. Gothic 2 3. Disco Elysium 4. Underrail 5. Fallout: New Vegas 6. Baldur's Gate 2 7. Planescape: Torment 8. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura 9. Witcher 3 10. Divinity...
  2. himmy

Incline GOTY 2023 Games List discussion

I've been saying this about Forza Horizon 5 for years now. Think about it, if it wasn't an RPG why are the cars divided by Class?
  3. himmy

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

5P: Daggerfall 3P: Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse 2P: Dark Sun: Shattered Lands
  4. himmy

Most controversial RPG in the Top 25

There's a couple on that list that I haven't played so I'm not gonna fuck with them, but honestly, from that list I feel like Gothic 1 is the most overrated. It's not a bad game, but it's up there with Baldur's Gate 1 in the list of games that are riding its sequel's dick HARD. No offence to any...
  5. himmy

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

No idea why people are complaining, the graphics look amazing on this thing.
  6. himmy

Game News Disco Elysium - The Final Cut releasing on March 30th

Potential unpopular opinion, but I love this sort of Enhanced Edition / Director's Cut where a studio releases a game in a form that will please the genre's fans, and later expands that game in a way that will make it friendlier to the mainstream, with stuff like full VO and console ports. Like...
  7. himmy

Game News The Game Awards 2020: Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Dragon Age and Mass Effect

This. Creating the ME universe is probably the last good thing Bioware actually did. I'd love to see a fun, rompy soap-opera in the ME universe with roguish, genuinely likeable characters and a story that doesn't touch on the events of the first games. But alas, who is there left to make it?
  8. himmy

Company News Bethesda acquired by Microsoft

You're acting like Microsoft won't own GOG after they buy the entire country of Poland by this time next year.
  9. himmy

Game News Obsidian's next big RPG is Avowed, a Skyrim-like set in the Pillars of Eternity universe

Skyrim, but every time you get a radiant quest to clear out a bandit cave you have to sit through 4 pages of dialogue and intricate, yet vague visions of the ethereal world.
  10. himmy

Development Info Wasteland 3 Dev Diary #3: Choice & Consequence

I think he looks pretty good for somebody who's almost 60.
  11. himmy

Preview Baldur's Gate 3 screenshots accidentally leaked, appears to be isometric and turn-based

Fair. And just to clarify, it's not like I'm some Larian fanboy who thinks Swen can do no wrong. I mean, the UI does look kinda wack, and the writing style is uhhh...gotta see it in action to really get a feel of it, but I',m not crazy about it so far. All I'm saying is that as a whole, this...
  12. himmy

Preview Baldur's Gate 3 screenshots accidentally leaked, appears to be isometric and turn-based

Despite all the bitching and moaning, this will be the Codex GOTY, calling it now.
  13. himmy

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 gameplay to be revealed at PAX East on February 27th

I like how every single comment in this thread is negative, yet this game will 100% win the Codex GOTY when it comes out.
  14. himmy

Game News Encased now available on Early Access

The UI "feels" very similar, probably because they appear to be using the same font as W2 did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom