Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Kaanyrvhok

1. KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Why 250K? Isnt the game almost done?
  2. KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1637945166/spears-of-the-dawn-rpg African themed pen and paper game double funded in a week
  3. NBA 2k becomes even more RPGish

Wont happen with the NBA geek trend going Top 4 players in the finals.
  4. NBA 2k becomes even more RPGish

Its not as strategic as PES and FIFA but thats where its headed. After 2k3 player vs player sufferd until 2k11. I played 2k11 more online than all of the previous games combined. I had two wins against folks in the top 100 with an injured Portland Trail Blazer team. The exploits are reduced to...
  5. NBA 2k becomes even more RPGish

From what I have seen nothing trumps simple experiance and 'know how'. In NBA 2k12 player stats and a precise manipulation of the controls are of relative equal importance depending on how good or bad you are at controlling the players and how good or bad their stats are. Basketball knowledge is...
  6. NBA 2k becomes even more RPGish

My theory is its all about realism When sports games fail the gnereal critisicm is that the game lacks authenticity. Realism is coveted. A sports game dev might announce that this year their game will feature AI that prepares a gameplan based on how you play. The fans eat it up. They know it...
  7. NBA 2k becomes even more RPGish

Is that the Paladin?
  8. NBA 2k becomes even more RPGish

I figure this belongs in this forum since its one of the few major sports games availible on the PC. People have already posted about this series boosting its ratings and eliminating the competion while moving towards a stat heavy simulation. The player creation was already far beyond any RPG...
  9. Of Orcs And Men

Th Orc looks like a combo of Shrek and the FO 3 Super Mutants
  10. D&D5e is coming.

Quick question for any of yall kodexers that are in greater pulse n touch with 5e's development. Is it likely to release this year? I'm currently working on a pnp venture that I would like to publish and release this year in the year of the Dragon or early next year before Chinese New years.The...
  11. Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

BroFist!!! Makes you wonder what they could do in two weeks. Might have decent NPC AI. The NPC AI is asstarded. I try to set up an ambush by having the NPC wait a football field away from the enemy. I lick the enemy with two arrows to draw them forth and the dumb NPC is in my LOF for the the...
  12. Interview We've brought back a lot of what was missing in ME2

Compared to most RPGs ME has a decent amount of C&C in it's plot. Where its lacking is in it's mechanics. The culprit is the level scaling
  13. Interview We've brought back a lot of what was missing in ME2

The only reason why I would entertain or even agree with the notion that ME 1 and 2 weren't RPGs is the level scaling. If it wasn't for the scaling the statistical character development would have mattered. With scaling its little more than extra shit to play with. This is especially true with...
  14. Best stories in RPG - Player's choice

I judge based on how well you could make a movie about it Delivery Baldur's Gate Pool of Radiance KOTOR All would make great movies though neither has an interesting plot Plot Gothic Ultima IV Mask of the Betrayer All would make great plot driven movies. PST had a lot of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom