Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Kliwer

1. Kliwer

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Top RPGs: *Baldur’s Gate 1 *Baldur’s Gate 2 *The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos *Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra *Might and Magic X: Legacy *Dragon Age: Origins *Drakensang: River of Time *Wizards & Warriors *Deus Ex *Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Hidden gems: *The Last Days of the Third...
  2. Kliwer

Your favourite RPG Series

This survey is difficult to complete. That's because most series have ups and downs. In addition, some later installments have nothing to do with the original, only the name connects them (e.g. the Fallout series). I marked the Baldur's Gate series - I love these games. But this doesn't apply to...
  3. Kliwer

Grimoire Thread

Could someone describe how aging works in this game? I'm starting to worry about that I'm resting too often. Vitality goes down quite quickly and other ways to replenish it are so cumbersome (dringking from fountains, eating food) that I ususaly just rest.
  4. Kliwer

Grimoire Thread

Run, you fools! Trough the Samhain Gorge!
  5. Kliwer

Grimoire Thread

TLDR: All in all I have learned to love this game. To enjoy Grimoire you have to understand its systems (which are very un-intuitive and not transparent) and get used to a very clunky interface. But after that – you will find a great dungeon crawler with enormous sense of adventure and...
  6. Kliwer

Grimoire Thread

I’m going to try Grimoire again. Last time I had to stop due to lack of time. And now it’s too hard to come back to the old save (I have lost my notes somewhere so it’s even harder). I was not very far into adventure anyway. I obviously lost a lot of time on planning my party. And again – I...
  7. Kliwer

What's been the most disappointing RPG you can think of?

Oh yea, I'm the mighty orc-killer, the unstoppable dragon-slayer, I am the destroyer of worlds... Oh no! A young wolf approaches – run for your life!!
  8. Kliwer

What's been the most disappointing RPG you can think of?

For me, there is only one answer: Neverwinter Nights. It was supposed to be the new champion on a cRPG scene. Its coming was foretold by prophets and easter eggs in Baldur’s Gate. And the new Baldur’s Gate it was supposed to be. New, but better, bigger, with more reactivity, with deeper...
  9. Kliwer

RPGs with good outdoor areas?

I adore those games, even with all their flaws. Combat is not that bad, in my opinion. There is one obvious hole in the engine – lack of collisions. Because of that all battles with numerous foes are so messy. But it could be easily fixed by good encounter design. Some battles – especially boss...
  10. Kliwer

RPGs with good outdoor areas?

There are a lot of games with good dungeon or city levels. At the same time most wilderness areas in RPGs are boring and too extensive. Monotony and lack of content everywhere. Part of the problem are probably RPG systems. There are lot of cool things to do and skills to use in dungeons...
  11. Kliwer

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Black Geyser

But the atmosphere and artstyle of IWD are first rate. One of the few games with a touch of Tolkien's armosphere. Too bad the gameplay is boring. To be honest, my ideal cRPG would be a combination of Infinity games. IWD1 atmosphere and story, BG1 gameplay structure, BG2 dungeons, encounters and...
  12. Kliwer

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

This is bullshit. NotR stat bonuses system is obviously defective – but it is not a great problem for me. Its shortcomings can be exploited in a “munchkin” way but it is completely unnecessary. I have never understood people who save all bonuses until the end of the game. Gothic games are...
  13. Kliwer

Realms of Arkania Remakes vs Originals

I would advise this: - In case of the first game (Blade of Destiny) - it is better to play the HD version. Both (the original and the remake) have their weaknesses. However, the HD version has more content and some life-enhancing features (e.g. in-game skills and spells descriptions). The game...
  14. Kliwer

Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees

First of all, let the economy be "tight". Let the player who beats most of the game/loot most of the treasures still be too poor to buy all the spells/items available in the shops. Making extra money on some "daily jobs" is a good idea, as long as there is some mechanics behind it. Definitely a...
  15. Kliwer

Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees

I would advise against "automatic" respawn anywhere. Instead, in areas that the player visits repeatedly, manually design successive "waves" of monsters (maybe with some random element?). We killed the goblins on the road - after some time a group of trolls appears in their place. We killed the...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom