Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Lerk

1. Lerk

Game News Beamdog announce Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Why innovate when plagiarism is far more profitable. Beamdog - We Create Nothing
  2. Lerk

Would the gaming industry be better off if consoles never existed?

Dark Souls and Bloodborne wouldn't exist without consoles. Neither would Bayonetta, Zelda, Metal Gear...because Japan cannot into PC's for entertainment. So, no. There is a tier of Jap console titles that are every bit as :obviously: as anything PC exclusive from the west. I wouldn't be without...
  3. Lerk

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

The new LW mods are IMO interesting ideas but not executed well. The perk pack is a great idea and adds some much needed variety, but it removes the challenge from the early game because you effectively have a counter to everything if you can build a proper squad. A gunners area suppression on...
  4. Lerk

So. Jade Empire.

What can I say, I'm a Star Wars fan. And Bioware did a better job at the time of telling an appropriate Star Wars story than Lucas managed with the prequels, so... Anyway. Jade Empire. I'm enjoying it. I'm surprised by how arcadey it is, not that this is a bad thing in itself. Due to its XBOX...
  5. Lerk

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Did Witcher 2 have any worthwhile mods? I just used a weight limit remover and autowin hack for the dice poker. I hope the power/level curve is something CDP sort out for Cyberpunk. It was a mess in W3 without mods. 90% of the loot was useless too. Though I guess loot was never the point.
  6. Lerk

So. Jade Empire.

Oh, any particular reason this one seems to have gone under the radar in the context of Bioware RPGs? Because AZNS?
  7. Lerk

So. Jade Empire.

Well this got more response than I expected. Cheers for the inputs bros. Downloadn. Currently this is what I'm after, yeah. Sometimes, you just want a cheeseburger and fries. It can't be porterhouse and sauteed potatoes every day, you know? ;) Bioware. Bioware never changes :negative:
  8. Lerk

So. Jade Empire.

I've never played this. Worth it? I actually didn't know it existed until recently. I liked KOTOR and this is circa that period yeah? I'm not expecting depth, a decent story would suffice. Decent by Bioware standards, I mean :M
  9. Lerk

Salt And Sanctuary (2D "Souls" game)

Yup. Frustrating since grey pearls are hand placed and can't be grinded :argh:
  10. Lerk

Salt And Sanctuary (2D "Souls" game)

Are you playing on pad or m/kb? Controls are tight on a pad, I can parry all day erryday here and I'm bad at it in Souls. I'm enjoying this more than DS2 :Mbalance is out of whack here and there (striking weapons overpowered vs. anything else, greatswords/hammers swing too fast for the damage...
  11. Lerk

KickStarter Grim Dawn

You both assert the game runs badly and you both neglect to mention what you're running it on. I can run it maxed at 60fps. Which is similarly useless info, as I'll keep my specs to myself. Pointless and irritating isn't it? :lol:
  12. Lerk

Totally. They could have done a lot more with the smaller squad size. Have a map where your squad is split into 3 groups of 2 at each corner and the objective is at the remaining corner and you have to fight your way through running battle style. Btw check this out...
  13. Lerk

Used this until I realised the +30 aim it adds applies to both melee and ranged.
  14. Lerk

Any modders here? Is it theoretically possible to rip uniform/weapon assets from say...Company of Heroes? :M I've been holding out for some obsessive weirdo talented individual to inject some WW2 chic into the game but alas. I might have to actually try it myself.
  15. Lerk

Yes and no. Generally everything's smoother and I can now max out everything. That said, my rig should be able to run this without any dips or hitches, but they're still there (just far less frequent than they were) I'm not the type to be bothered by sub 60fps dips though, especially in a turn...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom