Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Limorkil

1. It is time - New RPG Codex Holy Trinity™ your fav top 5

1. The Witcher 2. Baldur's Gate 1 3. Oblivion 4. KOTOR 5. Ultima 7 I based this on how much fun I had playing them. There are some games I think are better in theory, yet they failed to hold my attention as well: BG2, Motb, Morrowind, Wizardry 8.
  2. Oblivion

Still playing Oblivion here. All the criticism that Codexers level at it is valid, but I happen to quite like it (after adding some essential mods). On the subject at hand, arguing about how high up all the factions you should be able to climb is valid, although I would not get caught up on...
  3. Age of Conan

After playing MMOGs for years I finally came up with The Single Player Theorem: People suck, so the only reason to play a MMOG - regardless of how good it is - is the single player experience; but if you want a single player experience then there are lots of single player games that are...
  4. Jade Empire impressions

NWN OC took me a while. I think 140 hours is a bit much but if someone said it was 100 I would not argue. It's long, I know that much. Kotor took me ~75 hours first time through. Second time took me ~60 hours and I felt like I was rushing towards the end because I just wanted to get it...
  5. Raising/not raising Attributes in C/RPGs

It's a RPG; there is no realism. Sure, some game rules aim to be more realistic, but it is just different shades of grey. The original PnP D&D tried to be more realistic, since there was no standard mechanic for raising attributes. In fact, the rules went as far as to say that you could not...
  6. MUDS and PnP: Still popular?

When I was a kid I loved PnP RPG. I still do, but the reality is that I have not played for nearly 20 years and I am sure it would probably be a terrible experience. My friends and I played PnP when we were teenagers. We were not your typical geeks, at least not all of us. When I went to...
  7. Gothic 3 sells half a million

With games like G3 I tend to wait a while until many of the bugs get sorted out, and it comes down in price. I do not know if there are too many people that do the same, but with RPGs it seems like a solid strategy. I think some games sell longer because the people that buy them do not feel...
  8. Everquest, what was I thinking?

I played Everquest, Asheron's Call, Lineage 2, WoW. They were all good at first but inevitably you get to the point where you have to join a guild of nazi fuckwits to get any further. Good games, shitty people. This is why I will not be playing any new MMOs - the games are fine, but the...
  9. Review Dungeon Siege 2: Deluxe decent to Armchair General

The answer is basically the same answer you would get for most MMORPGs. The real fun to be had in the game is from co-op play with people you get along with. Unfortunately, like with MMORPGs, the community 99% sucks. If you can play with friends then it's great. If not, you either play in...
  10. What's the deal with Divine and Beyond Divinity?

Divine Divinity reminded me a lot of Diablo and Sacred, but with more RPG elements. It feels more like Diablo, but there is a large world to explore like Sacred. Only problem was that it had compatibility issues with my PC. It would work fine for about 45 minutes and then all the colors...
  11. Fallout 3: RPGCodex Predictions (Updated)

:lol: Still not managed to get a copy of Fallout to play, but here is what I think about Fallout 3 all the same. I tried to skip the obvious stuff that everyone mentions, but apologies if this has been said before: 1. Guns will be unrealistically weak compared to hand weapons, such that...
  12. Game News Oblivion headed to oblivion

No I think this is the last of the last. They have stopped doing the microtransaction stuff too. There will probably be a couple of microtransaction things for shivering isles but then that's it.
  13. World Exploration...Yay or Nay, Big or Small

You are right, and I know all that. I guess what I meant is this: If you actually leave the city by the gate in Daggerfall and walk, what you are seeing is randomly generated landscape. It hardly ever varies. It is really boring. If you meet a creature it is most likely a randomly generated...
  14. Review Dungeon Siege 2: Deluxe decent to Armchair General

I always thought Diablo was great but Diablo 2 was not so great. I think what ruined Diablo 2 for me was that the hell level was so small. I loved the desert part with the seven (iirc) tombs and the city in the jungle, but most of the levels were kind of boring. I guess the reason I liked...
  15. World Exploration...Yay or Nay, Big or Small

Yes to all that. I played the MMORPG Asheron's Call for years simply because the world was largely seemless and you could pretty much attempt to go anywhere. Hell, most of my gameplay was basically running along looking for new dungeons, buildings, while trying to avoid getting killed by...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom