Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Lord Rocket

1. Lord Rocket

Fallout A Fallout 1/2 inspired isometric cRPG from New Blood Interactive

NO NO NO. Wasteland (and Lords of Xulima, more recently) already tried this and it's obvious based on that 3rd person exploration/1st person combat, while functional, is not the way. If you must mix perspectives then 1p exploration, 3p combat is where it's at, fuckin Pool of Radiance came out in...
  2. Lord Rocket

For grognards, when was the point of no turning back for DnD?

gygax got thrown out before 2E not 'after AD&D'. as such the correct answer is after 1E (as a yoot I had a 1E PHB and a 2E DMG and frankly the drop in quality and evocativeness was palpable so this is not a retroactive opinion. my retroactive opinion is that the 2E DMG is the worst D&D book ever...
  3. Lord Rocket

Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

they won't, because this shit is well beyond a joke
  4. Lord Rocket

Design your own level challenge.

PompiPompi put in some loops bro. It's cool when you open something and it leads somewhere you've already explored, thus creating shortcuts and alternate routes and stuff. Your most recent attempt is probably the worst thus far, all it is is a hallway with various similar sized rooms protruding...
  5. Lord Rocket

windows 95/98 emulator for win 10 /11

there's DOSBox-X, which is a fork of DOSBox (which you never would have guessed) providing explicit support for Windows. I haven't tried it but that doesn't mean you can't
  6. Lord Rocket

One D&D Discussion

I'm at 3 mins in and all I can think about is how torturous it would be to be stuck in a life raft with any of these twaddlers (yeah you could just push them out but I'm a gentle soul unfortunately) clearly the future of DnD is secure edit: ok watched it all. At about 4 mins they finally say...
  7. Lord Rocket

About reagents for spellcasting. Which system do you prefer?

that's because WotC balanced 4e by making everything the same (ie. gay) og editions balanced by making MU's (note to zoomers: that stands for 'magic user') highly vulnerable, ie. they're high-risk high-reward characters. If you got body checked by a fighting man you were done (no concentration...
  8. Lord Rocket

dunno what gumball is + don't care enough to google it, but you are being v unfair to peppa pig (this is a serious post btw: p pig might be designed purely for ease of animation but a cursory examination of any given screenshot from the show will reveal that it uses perspective etc. in a way...
  9. Lord Rocket

christ, gilbert just doesn't fucking care does he? I mean it was obvious he couldn't give a puffy pig's pussy as soon as the first screenshots were revealed, but this is some next level utter fucking indifference. imagine how unbelievably shit the alternate version of the scene must have been if...
  10. Lord Rocket

Decline ZDoom sounds and looks better than GZDoom

alright I take back what I said, it's gotta be the FMOD synth and not the soundfont. You'll just have to miss out on boring modern wads and use ZD all the time or find a font you like (fwiw I prefer 8mbgm_enhanced18.sf2).
  11. Lord Rocket

I did a bit more research and FMOD does seem to have it's own MIDI synthesiser (which is presumably what 'Sound System' is) so it's entirely possible it's doing something to the music. Some enterprising Redditor has converted the default Windows soundfont (which is in something called DLS format...
  12. Lord Rocket

Have you set your soundfont in GZDoom? I suspect the music issue has 0 to do with OpenAL/FMOD and more to do with the fact that GZDoom ships with its own soundfont that is frankly just shit. Dunno about the graphics thing, no-one who uses GZDoom cares about the software renderer anyway. You...
  13. Lord Rocket

What does an ideal cRPG look like to you? What game has come the closest to that idea?

NO GAY SHIT don't waste my time. tile based, wizardry style first person/ultima style overhead viewpoint, my party moves as fast as I can push the buttons. turn based combat for the same reason. if I'm watching my little dudes doing things and not making decisions it's gay. no gay shit. not...
  14. Lord Rocket

Decline Why do so many modern (indie) games use a shitty art style?

modern game art is infantile because the artists (and programmers for that matter) who make them are infantile kinda baffled anyone would expect anything different tbqh (of course, then you get stuff like KotC2 which looks the way it does because Pierre is a gigaautist and such people don't...
  15. Lord Rocket

Game News SKALD: Against the Black Priory Teaser Trailer

some thoughts. what follows are real facts and not just, like, my opinions, man skald looks great (in terms of the grafx, haven't really been keeping up with any gameplay related announcements) qfg3 looks like shit. the disconnect between the sprites and the painted backdrops = ew gross. 256...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom