Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Loriac

1. Loriac

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Just got into ESO a couple of weeks ago myself, started a few characters to try out different classes and think I'm gonna run a dunmer dk as my main until I get bored of the game. Can understand from a purist point of view that level scaling is not good in an rpg, but tbh I don't really see...
  2. Loriac

PoE thread for people who kinda liked it, but not enough to make a post about it

this is like that thing Russell was talking about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_paradox technically however I think this post actually meets the OP's criteria as in fact does yours...
  3. Loriac

Tales of Illyria Series for Android

I bought it shortly after it came out, but had to stop using my tablet for the last 3 weeks - it was one of the nVidia Shield tablets that was hit by the battery recall; I just got the replacement yesterday, so hoping to catch up on Ep 3 now.
  4. Loriac

KickStarter Mooncrest, an INCLUSIVE new action RPG from ex-Bioware devs - Cancelled

The Dev team involved in this piece of shit fine game I was going to write some play on words about inclusivity, but really, res ipsa loquitur
  5. Loriac

Decline Lack of immersion, because of HP mechanic

I always get really pissed off at how simple buying, selling, mortgaging, and renting out property is made to be in Monopoly. Did the designers never do any of this stuff in the real world, where you need to factor in surveys, legal contracts, paperwork, financing, and so forth? Its almost as...
  6. Loriac

I agree with you from a purely logical perspective, the android marketplace seems underwhelming for developers sadly. However, the mobile touchscreen medium is pretty much perfect for this type of game; things like tapping animals / birds on the travel screen to hunt, the combat UI and so on...
  7. Loriac

Little Killerz are you still aiming to release Ep 3 on 1 Aug? I've been a bit surprised at your 'low-key' marketing approach [yes that's sarcasm, 'non-existent' would be closer to reality] to be honest - even your own website has no update on episode 3, and the content on it is months old. I...
  8. Loriac

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I'm not sure if you're trolling here. Using EMP grenades is a zero cost option for any character, because you can drop them on your feet and not be hurt by them. No one is asking you to dump points into grenades for your builds that don't focus on grenades; simply that even with 0 skill and 3...
  9. Loriac

The greatest pleasure in old school rpgs is to crush the game mechanics, see the greatest challenges the game offers driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their systems designers* *on balance, that last one probably applies more if its Josh Sawyer
  10. Loriac

I haven't checked specifically, but this should be fine even if you don't go to the armory first - you get taught a psi attack as you're teleported to the small island (its in the abilities tab) which should be sufficient to kill the beetle (as its a weak form of the normal beetles iirc). You...
  11. Loriac

Percentages vs plusses, DISCUSS

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound? My point being, if you're going to present the system as a colour coded moron-friendly simplification, why even bother with all the complicated stuff behind the scenes? if a player's actions can't directly affect /...
  12. Loriac

Its even worse than that though; in the example given, the 1.25x damage vs. various mob types seems straightforward, right? Except its not. A chanter with no damage modifications benefits much more from that weapon than a high-dps rogue with damage from flanking, backstab, and whatever other...
  13. Loriac

The PoE system is essentially grounded in the MMO paradigm, where things like an incremental 0.5% dps output is often the gating mechanism for defeating high-level bosses. Anyone who grew up with RPGs from the IE era is going to find the MMO conventions ridiculous, but I guess we're not the...
  14. Loriac

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Not a huge thing, but I'm curious what the %hit chance shown means. E.g. if attacker accuracy = defender deflection, the chance to hit is 50%, with an additional 35% window to graze and 15% to miss. Showing this as 50% overhead would seem a bit counterintuitive, as you can still graze on an...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom