Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Magellan

1. Magellan

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Errr... just to clarify, I do think the sharktopus thing is goofy as hell, but overall the quality of that particular artist's work is much better than the Pathfinder norm (particularly regarding how his characters don't look as anime-ish as other PF art, especially Wayne Reynolds' stuff).
  2. Magellan

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Definitely a massive step-up from most of the Pathfinder art!
  3. Magellan

Game News Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3

Okay, PROBABLY the best selling edition ever, but absolutely positively the best selling edition in the 20+ years of WotC's ownership. "In 2016 Mike Mearls of WotC tweeted: “5e lifetime PHB sales > 3, 3.5, 4 lifetime,” meaning that the 5th Edition Player’s Handbook had by then outsold each of...
  4. Magellan

Game News Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3

It'll be 5E. In general, why wouldn't they use the latest ruleset? This is especially true since the last few years with 5E have been the highest selling years in D&D's 4-decade history.
  5. Magellan

Warhammer Warhammer: Chaosbane - action RPG set in the Old World, from How to Survive dev

I have only played 2nd edition WFRP (though I've owned 1st and got the new 4th which I'd like to try) but I don't agree at all that it's bad except for joke one-shots. I think WFRP is pretty great, and can easily accommodate different types of games, serious or comedic (or somewhere...
  6. Magellan

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

So is anybody playing Shroud of the Avatar? Is there any redeeming value?
  7. Magellan

D&D 5E Discussion

My initial thought with DCC's random characters was pretty negative, but as soon as I tried it I fell in love with it. It's shockingly fun (IMO) to work around what fate has given you. :)
  8. Magellan

D&D 5E Discussion

Sounds pretty cool. DCC in particular is completely awesome.
  9. Magellan

D&D 5E Discussion

Cool man, I’ll check it out. Thus far I’ve only used RPGgeek. What sets rpol.net apart?
  10. Magellan

D&D 5E Discussion

Have any of you guys ever tried play by forum games? I 'discovered' them just over a year ago and have been really having fun. I know it's not quite the same, but what you lose in personal social interaction you do gain in slightly more in-depth role-playing (there is definitely more verbose...
  11. Magellan

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I'm curious about this one. I liked the old Xenosaga games back in the day, but was kinda lukewarm about Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on 3DS. In particular I thought the combat was quite blah. Is there anything in particular (besides the story which you mentioned) that makes Xenoblade 2 a must-have?
  12. Magellan

Incline Shadow of the Demon Lord

Zweihander is really good too. :)
  13. Magellan

ELMINAGE ORIGINAL COMING TO 3DS (localized!)

I've never played an Elminage game before (I bought Gothic on Steam but never got around to playing it), but this looks really cool. Thanks for the heads-up.
  14. Magellan

D&D 5E Discussion

Thanks for the fix! I think I was conflating Volo's Guide to Monsters with the upcoming Xanathar's Guide to Everything. :)
  15. Magellan

D&D 5E Discussion

I think Volo's Guide to Everything is pretty good. Also, the (FREE PDF) Elemental Evil Player's Companion is small but has some good stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom