Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Mary Sue Leigh

1. Mary Sue Leigh

KickStarter Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened remake from Frogwares featuring the young Sherlock from Chapter One

The original I liked and I am giving it a try because the interesting locations at the time this is set would be interesting to see with updated graffix.. The Ukraine PSA is a bit intrusive but understandable to .. anyone with a brain, I guess. However what does annoy me is their NPC design in...
  2. Mary Sue Leigh

Mighty DOOM - top-down mobile game from Bethesda

Aww it looks so cute! Why though... ? How strange to think that the originals were so "controversial" that they were banned around here until 2011 or so. Maybe they should have named this one "Baby Doom".
  3. Mary Sue Leigh

Incline The Lord of the Rings Online - Corsairs of Umbar expansion out now

That's unlikely (I think) because this is very much based-on-book and everything is already very detached from the movies even. So there's already a Galadriel in the game and it's neither Movie nor TV show Galadriel if you catch my drift. There's playable female dwarves and guess what, they look...
  4. Mary Sue Leigh

Guild Wars 1

Wasn't there a one use (per mission /instance) resurrection signet? I think the resident tank Wammo usually picked that to revive the healer monk (me) if everyone else wiped. Not always worth it, but could be a lifesaver. Then again I never really used henchmen, played last when it was at its peak.
  5. Mary Sue Leigh

Incline Dusk, by New Blood Interactive: a frenetic FPS inspired by olDoom and Quake (2017)

Chop Goblins looks like a spiritual successor to John Romero's DAIKATANA
  6. Mary Sue Leigh

The Callisto Protocol - new survival horror from Dead Space creator

Hmmm.. I guess I'd be on board if they slash the price a bit and take out Denuvo..... Yeah let me know if that happens okay thanks. :)
  7. Mary Sue Leigh

Cats and the Other Lives - point & click game from Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones devs

Yeah that seems more like it, I'm gonna go with that. Would also kinda fit with the closing words (from the tablet)
  8. Mary Sue Leigh

Cats and the Other Lives - point & click game from Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones devs

Steam shows playtime 6.5 hours, although I have to admit that I really took my time so I wouldn't miss anything. Game takes place over three days (chapters basically) and at first I somehow assumed it would be only one.
  9. Mary Sue Leigh

RPG in which you play as a bad character/devil

Is Disgaea considered an RPG, dood?
  10. Mary Sue Leigh

Finished it, had a little cry. Definitely an effective heart string puller. Not long but actually longer than I expected. Personally, I kind of liked the bait and switch, that it's set up like a grand old story where you'd expect dark cults or even an ancient evil like Nyularthotep to show...
  11. Mary Sue Leigh

Serpents of Siraf

It's really something to see a female character again that isn't built like a man, with a sour face and a fugly sidecut or corn rows. And really Arabian Nights stories are great, one of my most re-read fairy tales books. Always wanted to be clever and creative like Sheherazade. This has huge...
  12. Mary Sue Leigh

Still playing it, I like it because we've had cats all my life and they are like this. Thought when I started I thought the dialogs sounded really really stilted (do hoo-mans really talk like this?) but it kind of gets better later on. Fairly relaxing and also creepy here and there, not sure...
  13. Mary Sue Leigh

Nyeeeh it was supposed to be an exercise to help me lose my annoying accent and it didn't work...

Nyeeeh it was supposed to be an exercise to help me lose my annoying accent and it didn't work, perhaps I can come up with a better format like reading scary stories that I write.
  14. Mary Sue Leigh

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

The people talking and then the ship just randomly exploding is very symbolic of the whole process.
  15. Mary Sue Leigh

Pentiment - Josh Sawyer's historical mystery narrative-driven game set in 16th century Bavaria

The murder mystery solution really reads like some participation trophy stuff in video game form. Also witnessing this game as a real life Bavarian (and half Rhinelander) I now know what a black person watching a minstrel show must feel like. For context, I used to perform in a local...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom