Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Mr. Magniloquent

1. No Rest For The Wicked - Isometric Action RPG with Unprecedented Verticality from The Maker of Ori Games - now on Early Access

I am curious about this also. Looks like a guy made a demonstration video of the runes. They appear to grant spells or spell-like abilities. Doesn't look like traditional mages are in. Some, like Chain lightning, blink, and more will come close enough to scratch the itch though. There are some...
  2. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Did they fix the issue with wizards learning divine scrolls, and casters with a wizard dip being able to learn and memorize any level of arcane spells?
  3. RPGs allowing you to invest skill points freely

The singular game I have ever enjoyed which featured improvements through use was Betrayal at Krondor. There were no character levels either. Skills were 0-100%, but could be boosted over with consumables if I remember correctly. Your Health and Stamina only increased by time spend in game. You...
  4. KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter in May

I have no horse in this race, but to see something still in early stages come back 5 years after it was announced is dubious, at best. Can we gift Codex potato? It would be fun to start a betting pool on projects like these.
  5. Decline MTG: Commander Format is Awful

I started playing with Lorwyn I think (2007), which is when the power curve and bloat seems to have started. It only got worse after that. Playing pauper helps, but things are still so amped up. I started playing with a self-imposed $30(ish)/deck limit, and still stick with that today as best I...
  6. Buildfag RPGs (aside from Diablo clones)

I really enjoyed the heroes in Warlord's Battlecry 2. All of them were extremely satisfying, especially the archmage. The spell list was better than what most modern RPGs have in them. You could even staff the mines with summoned zombies, or mutate your units into more powerful ones with...
  7. Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

I did it. I beat the fucking beholder gazer. I wish I could say it was because of some cleverness. Some unique insight I made through prior failures. Alas, I just did more or less what I had been. The only difference was this time the attacks landed for some inexplicable reason. At least I...
  8. Baldur's Gate So... Which Studio Should Replace Larian As The Developer of Baldur's Gate 4?

Beans00 Imma let you finish Beans, but Beamdog made some great areas, dungeons, and encounter design. Their story and NPCs were shit fanfiction, but as a combat game--SoD was quite fun.
  9. Baldur's Gate So... Which Studio Should Replace Larian As The Developer of Baldur's Gate 4?

Larian had Google Stadia money behind BG3. They were spending big to make their platform happen. No BG game is going to see that kind of patient financing unless Larian goes all in themselves. We already know won't happen. They had a Goldilocks situation that will never come about again. At...
  10. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

If you talk ling enough, and are a caster, you can break the wards that keep you locked in the zone. I don't remember the debuff. It's definitely one if the hardest fights to be had. It triggering after Bhodi is definitely a cheap low blow by the creator.
  11. Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #26: Evil Endings, New Beginnings

If there won't be any DLCs or enhanced edition, it means that this probably won't be done-done until they announce their next game. I've got awhile longer to wait I guess.
  12. Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance II announced, coming this year

Cool. Now I'll be on the lookout for significant discounts on the first title. They usually do that to drum up interest. I should have time after I finish Dragon's Dogma (1).
  13. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

The chosen of Cyric fight is at the gates, but you do have the ability to talk your way out of it for lots of XP. I think it triggers after you defeat Bohdi. If you talk your way out of it, then you will fight them as a pocket plane challenge in ToB. They have pretty good loot, though the player...
  14. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

If anyone ever needs mod installation order, go to my profile About page. I have it extensively detailed. Its a bit dated, but still correct.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom