Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Optimist

1. Optimist

Axiom Verge & Axiom Verge 2 - funky Metroidvanias with more character than your ex

Right, I recall having to use a guide to figure out that I need to power bomb that damned pipe. Good to see I'm not misremembering things for once, too.
  2. Optimist

Axiom Verge & Axiom Verge 2 - funky Metroidvanias with more character than your ex

Yeah, they're quite different. And not just in their vibes, the only mechanics that feel 1:1 between the two installments are basic movement, and the drone (and that's for a fairly brief amount of time before it becomes its own thing). I preferred the first game as well, but can't help and feel...
  3. Optimist

Top 10 Manliest Game Characters (2024 edition)

Raven's Cry one and only Christopher Raven (image attribution goes to Lord_Potato )
  4. Optimist

I'd recommend it. No accounting for people's tastes and all, but I did enjoy it more than other acclaimed Metroidvanias, for whatever it's worth.
  5. Optimist

I was surprised there's no thread for these games. I played them both in the span of the last year, liked both more than Hollow Knight or Metroid Fusion (which I also went through in the same timespan), and could heartily recommend them to fellow Codexers. These are both very good games - if...
  6. Optimist

Fallout 2 mods that are playable in English

Oh, I must've not completed this one, then. I think this might become unfinishable once you find Jay? OK, yeah, I gave up on trying to scan things with a radio/ metal detector relatively early. Still, it does feel a bit convoluted. Dunno, it feels like there might've been quite a few poor...
  7. Optimist

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters II, MA Edition

Happy to give it another go. Hopefully I won't be the first one to get demolished this time around! I am not a fan of binding diplomacy, otherwise it's all the same to me.
  8. Optimist

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

I don't like the split between "RPGs" and "Hidden Gems", as it's hard for me to tell which one is supposed to be which. I don't think AoD or CS should be considered "Hidden Gems", as they're very widely known on Codex, if not in the mainstream. Similarly, calling Archolos a hidden gem, despite...
  9. Optimist

Any decent turn based/stat focused space games in the last 20 years?

If you mean "space" as in "hard SF" rather than "pilot a spaceship", then Titan Outpost might suit you perfectly. The sequel, Jovian System, is supposed to focus on flying your cobbled-together space junker.
  10. Optimist

Thanks! Yeah, I was looking at Olympus, but it didn't really feel like what I was looking for. It's quite big! It's been a while since I played F2, but I'd say it was much closer to it when it came to amount of content than F1. One big, dense city, two smaller ones, ~7 Klamath/Den-size...
  11. Optimist

Aand that's Nevada down! Overall I think I liked it more than Resurrection. It might lack some polish of the original Fallouts, but it's a great game nonetheless. The translation is solid - I did get some WTF moments, but other than a few non-critical cases where it was difficult to grasp what...
  12. Optimist

Titan Outpost Release Thread

Yes!
  13. Optimist

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

I finished Like a Dragon this week - the game was cool, I had fun and liked some ideas (especially characters moving around and interacting with environment during battles), but ultimately felt like the jRPG structure wasn't as fun to play as the beat em ups. I'm a relatively new joiner, popped...
  14. Optimist

Which programming language did you choose and why?

IT'S ALL ALGORITHMS AND DATA STRUCTURES LANGUAGES ARE JUST INTERFACES WAKE UP SHEEPLE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom