Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Ravel myluv

1. Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Well it depends the level of trust you put in said reviewer, or how you generally relate to his taste in games. In that case I'm familiar with his work and trust him on his reviews.
  2. Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here's a French review that contrasts with the overall very positive reviews. http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-torment-tides-of-numenera-SU3050117574t.html#pc It's a good / very good website that goes quite in depth in their reviews and treatment of...
  3. Editorial RPG Codex Editorial: Darth Roxor on the State of RPG Writing

I was mostly thiking about his rant about the degree of game scneraists. The rest of his argumantation could have been more bullet-proof with further examples, and less broad interpretation of the writters' agenda, yes. Some of his points are clear nitpicking, where he doesn't consider the...
  4. Editorial RPG Codex Editorial: Darth Roxor on the State of RPG Writing

This rant is way too long to make its rather simple points, which are mostly broad assumptions anyway, and takes hilarious turns to convey its author's agenda. I give it 6 applicated transmedia studies credits out of 10.
  5. Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

.... And deliver even less on their next projects. The long developing times will eventually prove costly.
  6. Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I'd like to give my take on the cut content issue, because I think some people here are slightly missing the main issue. The problem with Kickstarter games is developers will always show you their dream project during the campaign, and I believe most of them sincerely think they can make that...
  7. Best unexplored historical settings

A few ideas: - The rise or fall of an African dictator in modern times. We could play as the main henchman. Many examples to take inspiration from, like emperor Bokassa. - The industrial age period, but NOT in England. I swear every game set in that period has to take place in London.... - The...
  8. Decline What are general gaming news outlet that isn't complete shill nowadays?

If you can read French: "Gamekult" is good for general gaming. Their bitterness is akin to the average codexian, and they take time to test games, discuss strategy, and write in-depth articles that are dangerously close to real journalism. They're pro PC too. "Nofrag" only treats FPS. It is...
  9. Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Thanks for your feedbak on writting. Think I'll wait a bit before getting this one.
  10. Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Can a storyfag get some feedback on the quality of writting and companions? Seems like journalsts like it, but who can trust these philistines?
  11. Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Right. I was mainly remembering the Planescape Torment system, which does include a progression in attributes.
  12. Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mmmm I might misunderstand the word "attribute", but as far as I remember you do put points in attributes in the beginning in the game.
  13. Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Doesn't really matter unless ennemies really pile up in an area. What really matters is the radius, so that an effect can touch faraway ennemies or allies. The radius has barely increased here.
  14. Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yeah.... Exactly the low progression I was fearing... One big part of the fun in RPGs is empowerement. At the end of POE I guess my character will be ony twice as powerful as in the beginning... Great...
  15. Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haven't played the game, but all this focus on balance fascinates me (in a bad way). I think having a perfectly balanced game is important only in very high difficulties or iron man mode (which 1% of the players will go through). What does one remember about a RPG? I will say writting and a...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom