Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Sodomy

1. Fallout 1 Help

Holy shit, wtf? Either you're trolling, or an epic moron- my first playthrough, when I found the water chip and brought it back to the vault, I had nearly 100 days left.
  2. Codex's favorite Doom .WADS?

You got most of the best ones, but add: Asylum of the Wretched Claustrophobia (the one by Virgil, not the other shitty one) Scythe 2 Deus Vult 2 Requiem Kama Sutra Hell Revealed Chord/ChordG/Chord3
  3. First Deus Ex 3 Screens

Sure, "optional" if you wanted to take a blatantly inferior alternative. Actually, was obtained before the half-way point. Not fast enough to matter, given how easy it was to refill your bio-energy. Actually, yes, it did.
  4. First Deus Ex 3 Screens

LOL @ people bitching about regen. Newsflash, morons- the original Deus Ex also had it. Of course, I'll never understand why such a shitty game as Deus Ex is praised around here. Grafting a broken and half-assed RPG onto a broken and boring FPS? Sounds like HEAVAN!!!!:roll:
  5. Recommended party level for the Orc Stockade? (KotC)

Orc Fortress is FAR from the hardest area in the game. General consesus seems to be that the Mountain Pass is the hardest area (and I'd probably agree with that- it's either the Mountain Pass or the final area, for certain).
  6. Poll time! Why do you like Fallout so much?

Eye of the Beholder trilogy, DS:SL. Probably DS:WotR as well, although I've never played that one. Also, when I made the post, I was under the impression that Dungeon Master was SSI (after looking that up, I've learned otherwise). None had journals. Because they dumb down games in such a...
  7. Troika's best game?

ToEE, duh.
  8. Poll time! Why do you like Fallout so much?

Or you could stop being a lazy, useless douchebag and record the clues that you get yourself. Paper and a pen or pencil are not that expensive, and, since you're posting with mostly correct grammar and spelling, I can assume that you have basic literacy skills. Another sign of the :decline:-...
  9. Dark Sun: Shattered Lands speed issues

...What? Not only do the boxes go away faster than I could possibly react to pause it, but you can't pause in combat (it's turn based), and you can't pause when in "look mode" (because the gameworld already isn't moving). Edit- the solution is to set the processor speed to a smaller number...
  10. Dark Sun: Shattered Lands speed issues

So, I've installed DosBox to play this oldie, and am having a problem. The speed that most of the game runs at is fine, but whenever an "event text" box pops up, it disappears before I have any chance to possibly read it. Reducing CPU speed doesn't help any. Any tips on how to make this work...
  11. Poll time! Why do you like Fallout so much?

Indeed, the old-school pencil and paper journal is the optimum way of doing things. That way, it leaves it up to the player to figure out what's important and how to act on it, rather than cramming it down their throat. I suppose a reasonable compromise for the new shit ADD generation is to do...
  12. First playthrough of Arcanum ever

What? The only difference is whether you wipe out Stillwater (takes about 10 seconds) and whether you do that pit-dungeon or whether you do Tulla. OMG, SO MUCH DIFFERENCE!!!
  13. Poll time! Why do you like Fallout so much?

The player at that point knows that there are 4 vaults. He's searched 2. Yeah, we need a journal to hold our hand and tell us where everything is, because it's too hard to figure that out for ourselves. Maybe the game should have put a big red arrow pointing to Necropolis after the player...
  14. Poll time! Why do you like Fallout so much?

Don't forget about the holodisk in the library which gives a very good description of its location as the location of a vault.
  15. LARPing in strategy games

2, and to a lesser extent, 1. The series really tumbled downhill after the second game, so if you haven't played the first two, I'd strongly reccomend it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom