Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by SolipsisticUrge

1. Preview Skyrim Preview Tidbits

The things which excelled in New Vegas (writing, branching quest lines, etc.) had little to nothing to do with Bethesda. Given FO3's superiority to Oblivion, I cautiously say that Skyrim will also be better, but that's not saying much. Some of these ideas seem intriguing, but, as already stated...
  2. Game News Dragon Age II Definitely Not As Dumbed Down As Mass Effect

Alas, one so feeble as I can only revere and aspire to such heights, and ape those elements of greatness within my limited grasp.
  3. Game News Dragon Age II Definitely Not As Dumbed Down As Mass Effect

If we take his word concerning an actually complex tactical option at face value (which I don't, but sake of argument here), but the game can be easily beaten by those utilizing PRESSATTACKPRESSATTACKPRESSATTACK strategies... wouldn't it defeat the entire purpose? Tactical complexity is only...
  4. Interview Road To Skyrim: The Todd Howard Interview

Haters hating on each other for their hate. What fun. 7/10, could be much better but definitely superior to what Skyrim will likely be.
  5. [Serious thread] Morrowind vs. New Vegas

Actually had to think about it, voted for Morrowind. On the whole, it's just a better game. New Vegas has superior writing and more interesting NPCs (there are only a few from Morrowind I consider memorable), but still suffers from they typical modern plight of my character being ridiculously...
  6. Avadon: The Black Fortress hands-on

Looks solid. Was already more or less convinced to give it a go based on Avernum and Geneforge series.
  7. TES VI: ???

This could have merit, actually. A post-nuclear apocalypse generic medieval fantasy kingdom?
  8. Editorial Mass Effect 2 Is Overrated

Agreed, except where "bugs" are defined as "interface I didn't like, design decision I didn't like, menu option I didn't set to my preference" or the like.
  9. Editorial Skyrim - Why It Might Not Be Worth Your Time

So their digital friends can see how much they own everything and are the baddest gaming motherfucker on the planet, of course. Same reason overly simple, effortless waves of crap combat trump well-designed tactical and difficult encounters - assuage the ego enough and the common man will line...
  10. Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption

I bought this from GoG a while back (think it was on sale at the time and had piqued my interest due to my feverish Bloodlines adoration), have yet to start it up. It just sits as a shortcut on my desktop, quietly whispering baffling inanities to me, gradually eroding my sanity until I finally...
  11. Obshitian adds 'ghost people' to the Fallout universe

Pointless, incoherent rage is a beautiful thing.
  12. Editorial Skyrim - Why It Might Not Be Worth Your Time

I can't recall when or where, but I read some interview with a Bethesda high-up (Hines or Howard, I'm sure) which says that they had "grown past" (paraphrasing there) locking off game content based on player actions within said game. I don't expect to see its return in Skyrim. Why labor over...
  13. The Death of the Death Penalty

From now on, all damage taken from enemy bullets/swords/magic/whatever will only affect your character's demeanor. More damage, a frownier face. "Healing" spells will restore the character's good will and generally positive disposition on life and plowing through hordes of nameless, inefficient...
  14. Game News Mass Effect 3 News Bundle

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video after the introduction so I'll take everyone's word on it here, but timed dialogue wouldn't really bother me. In Alpha Protocol I found it somewhat silly but not problematic, just cut away from my "take a piss in the middle of this drawn-out...
  15. Drink from the chalice of butthurt

Irenicus wasn't a terrible villain. He certainly wasn't the greatest ever written, but at least he had motives beyond "I WANT TO KILL EVERYTHING FOR NO REASON LULZ" or "you are pathetic creatures of flesh incapable of comprehending our purpose my voice is deep so you know I must be scary and evil."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom