Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by sovijus

1. Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

So that's it then, everyone loves these games and I should just bury any hope of getting a proper battle simulator from CA? The future belongs to glorified holiwoodian street fights with skill shots. :negative:
  2. Galactic Civilizations III

This one: https://sites.google.com/site/mabusraeen/ It's quite good work-around, but it means that there's just one generic AI for every race and tech trees are not as wildly different as in vanilla ToA.
  3. Galactic Civilizations III

Chances are you played the game with the last expansion pack, Twilight of Arnor, installed. It changed tech trees, buildings and race traits, so AI got severely screwed. Essentially, if you play vanilla GalCiv2 Ultimate Edition (or whatever it's called), you play with broken AI. You need to...
  4. RTS Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

So this game is 60% off on Steam right now, but most recent reviews say that devs abandoned it and MP is pretty much dead. Sucks if it's true.
  5. New Total War game: Warhammer

Hey I remember this guy. A year or so back I asked him what he prefers, older TW games or new ones, he told me that he's not affected by nostalgia and he's not a hipster and that newer ones are obviously superior. There must be something seriously wrong with TW if even this casual guy has...
  6. For Honor

Now why would you try to make a historical analysis when your history knowledge is limited to what you have seen in anime or blockbuster movies? Why would you even think that For Honor is anything but fantasy? It's so hilariously awful. Some people from historical martial arts community...
  7. New Total War game: Warhammer

Was playing the old EB mod for the first Rome TW and then tried this... holy crap the battles are fast, units just melt in seconds, plus all those clicker abilities. I want my wargaming simulation back, not this spastic League of Legends shit. :negative:
  8. Strategy games set in the Early Modern period (XVI-XVIII c.)

Rise of Prussia Thirty Years War Horse and Musket Birth of America I and II For Liberty! Since you included Napoleonic era: Victory and Glory: Napoleon Wars of Napoleon (latest AGEOD Napoleon game, there was earlier one called Napoleon's Campaigns also) Scourge of War: Waterloo Oh yeah...
  9. Best Civilization iteration

Well, what kind of "strategy" would you put in a game that has no tactical combat? I mean you have different unit classes, upgrade trees for them, terrain bonuses, stack counter (in a form of siege engines, artillery and bombers). Seems like Civ4 had pretty elegant combat system for a grand...
  10. For Honor

This I don't get... So you have fairly complicated fighting system, nice visuals and what you do with it? A shitty 4v4 MOBA. This is a regression of Mount&Blade: no sandbox mode for simulation purposes, no big battlefields with as many players as possible. After initial novelty of teenage...
  11. Civilization VI - Now available, so you can sink all your free time into it

Why call it Civilization at this point... just add all the countries in the world and call it Countries. Better yet, seeing as how shuffling of units is more important than developing long term strategies, call it Countries Tactics. Then we could all stop pretending that these games are the...
  12. Difficulties with starting a new game

That's awful, bordering degeneracy. Why would you play games at that point? If you don't feel the attraction of exploring and experiencing awesome virtual worlds then I would say that the games are not for you. And if you need to force yourself to start playing something I would suggest doing...
  13. Rome: Total War - Uninstalled for the Second Time

Oh I can see why that would be annoying to you. I don't remember how I learned about this function, but I strongly suspect that it is in options menu where you can find all shortcuts listed. Playing a lot of old games (strategy ones in particular) I'm used to this stuff, where vital information...
  14. Rome: Total War - Uninstalled for the Second Time

Just hold ALT ffs... When conquering huge city exterminate population, there's no other quick solution. You don't understand how taxes work, it's basic RTW mechanic. Large cities pay majority of your army upkeep, they make more money then several of those backwater towns, just check income...
  15. TBS Snowballing, Map Painting, Blobbing: Solutions

I meant that you probably will lack resources to implement what I was suggesting. AI control or automation isn't necessarily bad, especially if you do "personality" AI, something similar to Civ series. It doesn't need to be good, just competent with some quirks to make it interesting. What do...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom