Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by StellarTactics

1. StellarTactics

KickStarter Stellar Tactics, a sandbox sci-fi RPG - now available on Early Access

I'm still here - just very busy with the next content update - boarding. Every ship in the game has had its interior modeled and today I completed hooking up all the AI, mission targets etc. Now, on to code the boarding procedures, repair systems, and other objectives for boarding. 35+ days...
  2. StellarTactics

KickStarter Stellar Tactics, a sandbox sci-fi RPG - now available on Early Access

There is a lot of content in the game - endless really as the universe is large and missions are continuously generated. You can progress to level 60, skills to level 100, 40 ships to choose from, mercs to hire all over the universe, most perks are in the game now other than a few lines related...
  3. StellarTactics

Patch will come out today at 3pm UTC -6 --- Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) During testing I reduced total crew from 20 to 10. Patch notes will go up when the patch is live on Steam.
  4. StellarTactics

Jarpie - see below to set the game to windowed mode: 1) In steam, go to your library 2) Right click the game and select properties 3) in the properties window go to the "Local files" tab 4) Select "Browse local files" Edit the following line in the "S3DMain.cfg" file -...
  5. StellarTactics

As far as the RNG - I'll gather feedback once the changes go live for everyone to try. The changes aren't as major as they seem. The key here is that if you are standing 2 feet away from an enemy with a shotgun, have 90%+ chance to hit and miss completely two or three times, it feels a bit...
  6. StellarTactics

Shane - agreed. I usually post more often - the work I've been doing lately has been consuming me ;) Hope all is well with you.
  7. StellarTactics

rusty_shackleford - Yes, I need to get an update out soon. I've been buried the last month or two completing the mission level sets and station interiors needed to open up the FTL gates so there is a content out in the universe. I'll try to get a post out the end of this week or next with a...
  8. StellarTactics

Hi veevoir - Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on the crew management system this week. Hope to have that in for the next patch. For now, there are 4 NPC's that you can recruit on the trade station so you can fill out your entire team. I'll be adding 2 more mercs for the next patch, 1 male...
  9. StellarTactics

Two more off the top of my head, and thanks for posting that lets play - I really enjoyed watching the one you posted. I always end up finding things I want to fix or change after watching these ;) And one more: With so many updates and patches, the early episodes are quite a bit behind...
  10. StellarTactics

rusty_shackleford - Yes, a Linux version is planned. No ETA right now. I do have a working version, however, it's not ready for prime time ;) Thank you DarkPenguiN! Elex - I'm working hard to add new content, features and implement community suggestions where they make sense relative to the...
  11. StellarTactics

Yes, there are a few recent lets plays on Youtube, though these do not show a number of improvements I've published over the last few weeks. Most notably load times, border highlights and a long list of bug fixes. Load times are now down to 5-10 seconds on most systems. All of the latest...
  12. StellarTactics

Hi Takka - Haradin - I'll be adding sort features in the future. for now the stash has general sort icons for all item types. When crafting goes in you will be able to break vendor trash and all other items down into crafting components. This will be placed in a separate crafting inventory. Not...
  13. StellarTactics

Iznaliu - Shields base HP is based on the ships mass and then modified by the shields quality (basic, exceptional, rare, legendary and epic) so yes, shields base HP varies by ship and quality and is then modified by your skill.
  14. StellarTactics

Hi Iznaliu - there are three tiers for now - Easy - Normal - Hard. I'll be adding an additional level of difficulty during BETA. I'm also planning to add a game start type that includes permanent death. Difficulty scales the following for enemies: -Base Stats - this affects a number of things...
  15. StellarTactics

Thanks for posting updates here Taka-Haradin puolipeikko and Iznaliu. Thanks da_rays - I'm making progress every day. YES! - The boarding system will come after the initial release. Right now the idea is that you will need to disable certain systems so the ship is disabled to the point where...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom