Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Taojnhy

1. Taojnhy

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Would you like to see more never-to-finished projects from Proctor? Join his Patreon today! I'm not sure what I found more amusing: the 0 backers, or the promise that if he hits $100/month that he'll buy yet another asset from the Unity store. Oh, and there's this gem from his "Unity MMO...
  2. Taojnhy

Translation: now that Appleton has, in some fashion, been refunding donations I saw this as an opportunity to take all the assets that I had acquired to make the game in the first place and try to make the game and sell it for pure profit. But, once people got wind of this, the uproar was...
  3. Taojnhy

I get that Proctor is your friend, but he is quite likely lying to you here; the last time he tried playing the "I'ma make GM for reals this time with my mysterious backer who totally isn't Appleton", it turned out that the backer was Appleton. I mean, think about this: Proctor is talking up...
  4. Taojnhy

Just two more unfinished projects to add to Proctor's list: Yuletide Clicker (Nov 2017) Game Dev Clicker (Nov 2017) Also, here he is trying to add a cash shop to one of his unfinished projects. Earning money for completed work is so passe!
  5. Taojnhy

Oh, yeah; the reason you can't get a Kongregate high score is because Proctor couldn't figure out how to incorporate the Kong API into his code.
  6. Taojnhy

The SI clone is also something YOU offered up as proof that you knew what you were doing and yet you still never finished it; the comments on the game pretty much panned it as being overall terrible. Also, it wasn't just "1 afternoon" that you spent working on it; even the Kongregate page shows...
  7. Taojnhy

So, you think that your name is really the problem here Proctor? That's like a child who, tired of being yelled at for making a mess, invents an imaginary friend and attempts to blame for future transgressions when the real problem isn't which name to yell at but rather who keeps making the...
  8. Taojnhy

Yes, because you've got a proven track record of trustworthiness and competence Proctor. Oh, wait.
  9. Taojnhy

You're saying that Appleton was your only investor?
  10. Taojnhy

This isn't "harsh", nor is it at all surprising; this is par for the course for Proctor. It also begs the question: so, what happened with these other investors he claimed to have this time around? My guess is they were real, willing and able; pick any two adjectives.
  11. Taojnhy

Of course you haven't licensed out anything that people would pay for; YOU NEVER COMPLETE ANYTHING! Hell, even by your own words this "game engine" you claim to have put together is just frankensteined pieces of other people's work. I'm going to go out on a limb and venture to say that it...
  12. Taojnhy

I like how you googled "open source license", clicked the first link (https://opensource.org/licenses), then quoted part of the first license agreement that fit your argument (https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT) instead of quoting the specific and relevant portion of the license for the...
  13. Taojnhy

And at no point did you think to yourself, "If they put stuff up that I can make use of, I'll just take it, make some slight changes and claim it as my own work to resell on the asset store"?
  14. Taojnhy

Fair enough, I'll concede the point that I did make an assumption about you subleasing Appleton's hardware with my first question; but I'm not willing to say the assumption is wrong, only that I lack hard evidence pro or con. I will say however that it's not exactly a mystery as to how someone...
  15. Taojnhy

Oh, I just realized I overlooked something that I've seen Myobi post twice now (the first time over at MMO-C): So, this was announced during the time frame when you were employed by Electric Crow Games to make GM and had access to Appleton's "server farm". We know that you weren't offering to...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom