Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by UnstableVoltage

1. UnstableVoltage

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

You will be able to skip them with a key press or you will have the option to disable them by default the settings.
  2. UnstableVoltage

There is no problem to solve. Backer Build 3 will be using the Xsolla launcher. We will start selling via Steam when the time is right. The game isn't finished for another 6+ months, so we're in no great rush to be on Steam. It hasn't been decided if there will be a Steam Early Access, but if...
  3. UnstableVoltage

We're not using Steam for the Backer Builds because we're not currently selling the game on the Steam Store. Valve only allows a maximum 1000 keys for Steam (for testing/review purposes) if you're not selling through their storefront.
  4. UnstableVoltage

I just come here to read the conspiracy theory fan-fic I'll pass that on.
  5. UnstableVoltage

We haven't announced the features which will be in the build yet. There are a number of things we've been working on which are in our development build, but their appearance in Backer Build Three will be dependent on the testing and bug fixing after the content lock (which happens next week). We...
  6. UnstableVoltage

Julian didn't lie at all. We are developing the game for PC. The gameplay and game has always been PC first. The UI has been designed to support controllers and be usable on a large TV from a distance. We always hoped at some point that the game would make it to consoles, and it's better to have...
  7. UnstableVoltage

So you'd prefer a UI cluttered with tiny little icons which you can click with a mouse, like in UFO? It's 2018 - things have moved on.
  8. UnstableVoltage

Making a UI that works with a controller doesn’t mean any features have to be lost. OG X-Com was playable with a controller. Many people play PC games with controller and on TVs from a distance. It would be very short-sighted to design a UI that was unusable in that situation. As for...
  9. UnstableVoltage

So it was just a shitpost then. Check. The game we are creating is much closer to the original X-Com in features than to the new XCOM games. We have large squads, multiple bases, full time units, inventory, destructible terrain, proper working ballistics system (not board game-like dice rolls)...
  10. UnstableVoltage

I didn't. I was trying to illustrate that I can't really report feedback if it isn't backed up with any kind of facts. I don't need to represent the Codex as anything, a lot of you do a great job on your own. As a matter of fact, I don't even state where the feedback comes from. I just report...
  11. UnstableVoltage

I can't give you any technical details on how it was put together - I wasn't with Snapshot at the time. No one is online atm that could give me any details. As for what it is, think of it as concept art, only animated and not a still image. It was a concept animation of what the Geoscape could...
  12. UnstableVoltage

The next Backer Build is due in November. That hasn't changed since Julian made the announcement back in August. I'm not expecting people to give feedback on what hasn't been shown. I was specifically referring to the allegation of "all the other shit to do with striping out the features we...
  13. UnstableVoltage

I was actually interested to see which features you think have been removed. I can agree that there was been a change in art style. I can also agree that some of the game mechanics have changed (for example switching from a hybrid movement system to a more traditional full TU system (which most...
  14. UnstableVoltage

I can understand that. Though, we haven't changed the entire game to fit the story. We've changed the look of a couple of the factions because it made more sense that way. The Mad Max look better fits the independent havens than New Jericho and the Phoenix Project. While there are some people...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom