Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommended party level for the Orc Stockade? (KotC)

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
I killed some puny orc but after that I met a dragon. Now I am stuck because I can't rest and I am low on hp and spells and I can't leave the area. I have a Level6 party. Should I restart the game? I have no saves LOL :)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There is a campsite not far after the dragon, but it pops up after you kill the mob of slavers lead by this guy:
26.jpg

And if you have problems with the dragon, do you use the dragon slaying arrows stashed nearby?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
lvl 6 sounds normal for that point. It is doable.
Which wands do you have? You should have found stoneskin/chaos wands by then.
Does your cleric have scribe scroll or craft wand? Use that to heal up before the fight. USe the Protection from Acid cleric spell to protect you a bit from the acid breath. Let your wizard scribe a few fireball scrolls. Use summoned elementals as distraction.

Save more often.

Mattresses

Scholar
I hope you bought some of the craft skills for your cleric, the stockade is probably the most difficult section in the game. If you agreed to let the guy you encounter immediately beforehand go free, he reveals a bunch of dragonslaying arrows to you. I got past with continual load-reload until I brought the dragon down on the first turn.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Mattresses said:
I hope you bought some of the craft skills for your cleric, the stockade is probably the most difficult section in the game. If you agreed to let the guy you encounter immediately beforehand go free, he reveals a bunch of dragonslaying arrows to you. I got past with continual load-reload until I brought the dragon down on the first turn.

Yes, thank you, I attacked the guys so I didn't got the arrows, but after a reload I agreed and found the arrows. And after hundred reloads I slayed the dragon by one hit.
:D
Most difficult section? So I got here too early?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
theverybigslayer said:
Most difficult section? So I got here too early?

Nah, you didn't get there too early. It's pretty much the level I had when I got there on my two playthroughs too, I think. As for most difficult... it's tricky because it's the first area in game where you get the way out completely blocked, so it takes you by surprise, but I don't think it's *the* most difficult. One of them, probably, because it's fairly early, but there are a couple other ones that are worse, although it all depends on your party, because while in my first playthrough I had 2 knights, 1 cleric and 1 wizard and some instances were hell on earth, during my second playthrough I had 1 knight, 1 cleric and 2 wizards, and I pretty much steamrolled through EVERYTHING, but on the other hand, I also had metagame knowledge by then.

The Orc Stockade isn't all that hard since there is a campsite inside, the place where you drop to a pool of quicksand and then get blinded and have to fight a dragon was tricky, as I found out that I can't craft anything to remove blindness, and sometimes a hobgoblin would hit my wizard with something that deals 10000 damage.

Getting finally out of these places feels great, though.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Finally I got out, but at the exit I was surprise attacked again, wtf? So I went back and found the campfire after some fights. I think I need more crafting skills, the spellcasting is very limited because of the no-resting :)
Thank for everybody for the help!

Sodomy

Scholar
Orc Fortress is FAR from the hardest area in the game. General consesus seems to be that the Mountain Pass is the hardest area (and I'd probably agree with that- it's either the Mountain Pass or the final area, for certain).

Fezzik

Cipher
One of the Restoration spells, I think (lesser restoration and greater restoration).

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Keep in mind that friendly clerics can heal/restore/resurrect for you.
Crafting/scribe scroll/enchant wand are essential imo, especially if you have only 1 cleric, 1 wizard having scrolls as you need them is a big help.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom