Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is this i don't even

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah well if the prestigious codex did KGB articles, i would be reading it instead right?

But what i'm complaining here is that this is the same list that has deus ex, bloodlines and system shock.
Not to speak of ultima underworld, ultima 7 and others.

Ermm

Erudite
Mass Effect 2, though sacrificing many of its predecessor's "RPG elements", becomes the most engaging RPG yet.

.....with the story that rivals the excellence of Todd McFarlane masterworks.

crazy_dave

Educated
Well bro, you can complain all you want, when new generations of "hardcore" gamers are emerging daily, and they're loving that shit! :decline:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
SCO said:
But what i'm complaining here is that this is the same list that has deus ex, bloodlines and system shock.
Not to speak of ultima underworld, ultima 7 and others.
None of those have good combat which is what the article writer needs to have an engaging experience. Either that or good old courting and copulation.

Stylo123

Barely Literate
this needs to be said now. mass effect is probably the most engaging rpg i have ever played. why the hate here? it has romances, good dialogue, cool monsters and coll shooting. what's not to love? also, it has a believable universe, because i watch very much scary ufo stuff everyday and i believe people will really travel in space someday. the game really delivers full gameplay package and make you feel like a true gamer when the end credits roll.

here is a review
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/mas ... tch-review

after you watch go buy a copy to support the starving developer

Vagiel

Augur
Calm down, apart from that unfortunate last observation on mass effect 2 the article is actually quite nice, many of you could learn a lot from it.

By the way i am losing my touch, i can not discern the trolls from the actual idiots, is it a sign of the ages, have people who actually believe what they say infiltrated and pose as trolls?

Destroid

Arcane
Stylo123 said:
this needs to be said now. mass effect is probably the most engaging rpg i have ever played. why the hate here? it has romances, good dialogue, cool monsters and coll shooting. what's not to love? also, it has a believable universe, because i watch very much scary ufo stuff everyday and i believe people will really travel in space someday. the game really delivers full gameplay package and make you feel like a true gamer when the end credits roll.

here is a review

sup

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Destroid said:
Stylo123 said:

here is a review

sup
, drog

Achilles

Arcane
Stylo123 is the most boring troll to ever appear round these parts.

Stylo123

Barely Literate
Alexandros said:
Stylo123 is the most boring troll to ever appear round these parts.

trolls are those who starve developers. get it? trolls live in dark ages. i am not a troll. i play my xbox 360 everyday and i am proud hardcore gamer.

MMXI

Arcane
Whoever wrote that article seemed pretty knowledgeable up until that point. What a shame.

Stylo123

Barely Literate
yes, bored are those trolls talking ttrash about original games like mass effect. trolls are those that calls me a troll because i don't want gaming to become de-evoluted. trolls want to stop the future.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Vagiel said:
Calm down, apart from that unfortunate last observation on mass effect 2 the article is actually quite nice, many of you could learn a lot from it.

Agreed. There's a few derpy moments, but the other 95% is good stuff. I would read again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom