Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Tanks

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
EU Server here, i love this Game.
Eats most of my Time...cant wait for the damn E-75!

a budda

Arbiter
Elim said:
EU Server here, i love this Game.
Eats most of my Time...cant wait for the damn E-75!

ALL of mine

seriously, everyone just has to try this game
as awesome as it gets

EDIT: C&C, loads of stats and numbers, you have to think

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I've been sucked in again, since I have some friends to play with. It really is quite fun. The game rewards patience and working with your teammates instead of just chargign blindly ahead and getting exploded. the main gripe I had with the game - that free accounts couldn't start groups so at least one person had to pay for friends to play together - is being alleivated somewhat in the next patch, with 2-man groups being allowed for free accounts.

If you're going to start playing, I got a few tips to get you started.

1) If you ever intend to spend real money on anything in the game, go for the premium account. 50% extra credits - after repairs - almost doubles your income. The premium tanks are a trap. They may earn you decent credits, but you'll have to pay additional gold coins to transfer the XP they earn onto the regular tanks.

2) For tiers 4-7, Russian tanks roflstomp pretty much anyting in the game. On tier 8 and 9, everyone's sort-of even. If you just want to drive around and explode shit, go for the KV. That said, the german tank destroyer tree - especially the Marder II, the StuG III and the Ferdinand are extremely good for their tiers.

3) Tier 4 and 5 tanks generally earn the most credits per match after you pay for repairs and ammunition. Keep some around as moneymakers.

4) The inverted V in your targeting reticule will change colour when it's over a tank to show you the chance you have of scoring a penetrating hit. If it's green, you have a good chance (almost guaranteed except when sloping armour causes your shell to bounce). If it's yellow your chance of scoring a penetrating hit is around 50% and if it's red, you may as well switch to HE rounds or find another target.

5) If you're a small tank facing a big tank, and hiding or running in circled around it isn't an option, go for module damage. Shoot the tracks to immobilize it. Shoot the gun and rangefinder to keep it from shooting at you. A HE round on the gas tank or engine has a ~20% chance of causing a fire which can really ruin his day.

6) Read this page. Especially the sections on ammunition and penetration. It covers a lot of things that aren't explained in the manual. Also note the section on earning experience. One of the highest-earning matches I ever had I was a Tier 3 tank in a battle with Tier 7's and 8's. I found a bush to hide in, spotted the enemy heavies for our artillery and raked in tons of credits and XP for lighting up the enemy without ever firing a shot.

7) Take some time and read up on the different tank trees before commiting to one. It'll generally cost you a lot less grinding for credits and XP to focus on one paticular line of tanks, since many submodules can be shared between them. If you try to level up tanks in several different trees at the same time, you're going to be stuck with tier 1-4 tanks for quite a while.

Raapys

Arcane
I swear my PzKpfw III Ausf A always puts me in the high tier battles. Don't think I've had a single match where I've been in the uppermost tier of a battle yet. And where is my Landkreuzer p1500?

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Yeah it's normal, the low Tier Tank's, Luchs/Panzer III and A-20 are scout's.
You are not supposed to go and Kill the Enemy.
Follow the Heavy's, if they have Contact and are "bound" rush through them and kill the Enemy Arty.

And feel yourself hugged...Panzer III Ausf. A suck's hard.
I cried myself to sleep every night with that Thing.
But it will get better...well not really as a German Tank.
But the Tiger 2 will be worth the suffering.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom