Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 will be free...

pocahaunted

Arcane
...if you pay for a 12 consecutive months WoW subscription.

Source: any Bnet account.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Anyone who pays for WoW year round gets ripped off.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Metro said:
Anyone who pays for WoW year round gets ripped.

WOW.JPG

Renegen

Arcane
On a related note, here's the proof that MMO subscription fees are a bunch of bullshit. "Maintaining the servers costs a lot of money". Well clearly not that much money if Blizzard is prepared to let people get a free $60 new game with a $160 WoW subscription.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Can people who already paid apply? Would they get multiple licences as well? I remember a person who paid for his children, and then started again after a new expansion. I guess he might have two years and he would give me a serial number...

I guess Blizzard will not be THAT nice.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pet Battle System

You will be able to collect, level, and battle with companion pets.
It will be accessible to all players.
Works with almost every pet
Pet Customization, you will be able to name your pet, give them visual abilities, etc ...
There will be "Wild pets", you can find them in the world and engage in battle with them. You will then be able to get that pet and add it to your Pet Journal.
Pets have random stats, some of them will be very good at tanking, some will have a CC ability, etc ...
Some pets will only be found during a specific season, while it's raining, or during the day or the night. Some of them will only spawn in the spring, when it's raining, in elwynn forest at night!
Most pets will become tradable, even after it's leveled, etc ...
Pets will be account wide
Your pet journal will display info on all your pets, including stats, skills, and also drop locations and lore info for the pets you don't have yet!
Winning battles earns you experience, and levels your pets.
You will learn new abilities. Every pet can use 3 abilities in a battle at one time.
Every time you level you will also increase the stats of your pet.
You will level multiple pets to build your team.
You have 3 battle slots, one for each pet in your team.

Yeah...

Metro said:
Anyone who pays for WoW year round gets ripped off.

Yeah pretty much considering the time between their major content patches can be up to a year there is little to do in between. Most people just work through the raids they release in a couple of months and then take a break until the following raid set is released.

Raghar said:
Can people who already paid apply? Would they get multiple licences as well? I remember a person who paid for his children, and then started again after a new expansion. I guess he might have two years and he would give me a serial number...

I guess Blizzard will not be THAT nice.

As I understand it no, it's essentially if you bind your self to a years subscription you get Diablo 3 thrown in as well, with previous sub being irrelevant. I guessing they simply want to drag people along with an active sub until they get their next expansion out which should be some time next year. Not surprising considering the massive loss of subscribers they have had the last few months.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Metro said:
Pet Battle System

You will be able to collect, level, and battle with companion pets.
It will be accessible to all players.
Works with almost every pet
Pet Customization, you will be able to name your pet, give them visual abilities, etc ...
There will be "Wild pets", you can find them in the world and engage in battle with them. You will then be able to get that pet and add it to your Pet Journal.
Pets have random stats, some of them will be very good at tanking, some will have a CC ability, etc ...
Some pets will only be found during a specific season, while it's raining, or during the day or the night. Some of them will only spawn in the spring, when it's raining, in elwynn forest at night!
Most pets will become tradable, even after it's leveled, etc ...
Pets will be account wide
Your pet journal will display info on all your pets, including stats, skills, and also drop locations and lore info for the pets you don't have yet!
Winning battles earns you experience, and levels your pets.
You will learn new abilities. Every pet can use 3 abilities in a battle at one time.
Every time you level you will also increase the stats of your pet.
You will level multiple pets to build your team.
You have 3 battle slots, one for each pet in your team.

Yeah...
That sounds like the stuff Blizzard usually does on April 1st. :lol:

Destroid

Arcane
Renegen said:
On a related note, here's the proof that MMO subscription fees are a bunch of bullshit. "Maintaining the servers costs a lot of money". Well clearly not that much money if Blizzard is prepared to let people get a free $60 new game with a $160 WoW subscription.

It's been known to anyone who cared to look that MMO fees were basically arbitrary and the actual cost per subscriber is actually very, very low, in the order of a few USD at the most. Of course, some games like Eve take your money and then make new content with it, where WoW charges for expansions so make of that what you will.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They also charge for half a dozen other things like server transfers, name changes, faction changes, and pets and mounts in their store. No angle is left unexploited. I believe a server transfer costs $25. Crazy.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I already paid for something like 4 years of WoW, what do I get?

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Pay for 12 years get Diablo 3 free.

Chinese gold farmers now have to split their time between WoW and D3, unless blizz makes it so that you can log into both games at once.

Months, I meant to type months. 12 years of WoW, or is it WoW is for 12 year olds...

pocahaunted

Arcane
Pika-Cthulhu said:
Pay for 12 years get Diablo 3 free.

Chinese gold farmers now have to split their time between WoW and D3, unless blizz makes it so that you can log into both games at once.

You actually can, as long as your PC can handle it, which shouldn't be hard at all.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
pocahaunted said:
You actually can, as long as your PC can handle it, which shouldn't be hard at all.

Im well aware that it can be done, WoW is an old as fuck game that can run on most piece of garbage PC's, which is why it survived for so long with so many subs. Its probably the Battle.net account thing though, if you sign into one game it ties up your account from signing in to another on cattle.net.

attackfighter

Magister
Diablo kinda sucked, Diablo 2 was extremely bad, and Diablo 3 is sizing up to be yet another shitfest. It's really quite hilarious that Blizzard makes millions of dollars off of these games...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom