Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Krater Announced

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Did the apocalypse come when skittles candy bombarded the earth? rainbow colorscheme ahoy.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I sort of like the descriptions of the game, aswell as the title and the fact that it's placed at some unusual place. The actual looks of it however I can not dig, it's way too colorful for my tastes..

Regdar

Arcane
Looks like Torchlight in post-apoc. Give me a reason to be excited.

Flatlander

Liturgist
Christopher V. Brady said:
Where the fuck are all the people who grew up with turnbased games? Did we skip couple of generations while I slept or something?
They would be all those "I loved Final Fantasy as a kid, but now when I'm all grown up and mature I prefer the more evolved mechanics of Oblivion and Dragon Age" folks.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I signed up on their forums and mailed about being part of their test community. They're very early in development and they write a lot about how they want testers and the community to influence the game. Feels like it's my duty to steer it away from being a dumb hack n' slash.

quasimodo

Augur
Sounds like just another developer who name drops TB games and then makes their game RT.

grotsnik

Arcane
tba-krater-20111102004338496_640w.jpg

tba-krater-20111102004342431_640w.jpg

Not too thrilled by the faintly-Gorkamorka, cartoony art design, but the lush Swedish tropical rainforests are intriguing. Interested to see more, at the least.

Phelot

Arcane
Menckenstein said:
Did the apocalypse come when skittles candy bombarded the earth? rainbow colorscheme ahoy.

:lol:

Yeah... not to thrilled about the art and character design. Looks pretty WoWish with the cartoon looks. I guess it's a step away from the usual browned out post-apoc settings we get, but still...

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
LibertyRansom said:
kraters developers listed this as his main influences:

"I would like to mention two games that inspires me in the work with Krater.

Fallout(1 & 2) and the original XCOM.

I could just as well add the Baldur's Gate games as well."
Might be but it seems pretty obvious that this is a dungeon crawler and not a true rpg. Doesn't mean it can't be fun though.

:salute:

All is not lost. I suggest the Codex infiltrate their forum. It does not seem very active and we could make all sorts of :obviously: suggestions.
We could help some but don't think that they're going to turn around and make it a heavy C&C multiple-ways-to-play game. That would require way too much work and needs to be part of the initial design from the get-go in order to be done with any degree of success.

UserNamer

Cipher
Christopher V. Brady said:
Sounds like shit to be honest. Where the fuck are all the people who grew up with turnbased games? Did we skip couple of generations while I slept or something?

I bet that the developers who grew up with turnbased games thought "I WONDER HOW BETTER THIS SORT OF GAME WOULD BE IF IT WAS REAL TIME!!!!" when they were kids and still believe it

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Zed said:
I signed up on their forums and mailed about being part of their test community. They're very early in development and they write a lot about how they want testers and the community to influence the game. Feels like it's my duty to steer it away from being a dumb hack n' slash.

:salute:

Luzur

Good Sir
CrimsonAngel said:
Jaesun said:
PA Sweden?

I always saw Sweden as a PA Denmark after every one had lost there manliness.

well, we dont like you either, danskjävel.

also, we dotn have palmtrees in Sweden or jungles.

WTF cant even make it snowy pineforest.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
If they announce social skills and non-combat skill based quests, i am in. Otherwise looks like diablo clone mmo.

Zed said:

I'm with you as well. The art direction is meh, but I don't mind. If I can steer it a little bit towards Tactical combat, choices and consequences and social skills, I'll be content.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Actually I was wrong, poking around their forums it seems that you will be able to create and control around a three person party and when you play co-op both people will have parties.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Skimmed video w/o sound, some guy talking a lot, colorful drawings, website has no in-game screenshots.

But there's a shark animation for their logo :thumbsup:

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
As long as it's not a stupid Diablo clone with tons of MMO-like quests that could've been (or was) generated by a computer, it could turn out cool.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Post-apocalyptic psychedelic experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom