Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I feel sick.

Please. Just, just let it end.

Pein

Novice
She will probably add more stuff in 1pp before BG:EE ships, so they will include it, as she implied.

So they made it. They got an enthusiastic and talented modder to do the work they should be doing instead.

Erephine might be happy to include 1pp in its final form when it comes in BG:EE, but honestly i think that mods, no matter how awesome they are, should not be used as advertising of a games new features. And people on the BG forums do argue that it should be used as an argument in favor of BG:EE.

I saw some potentially good artwork for characters/NPCs, but in game, nothing. I expect to see a significant graphic improvement if i am to even check it out. And lol at some of their forum members calling people who critisize ingrates, because they won't appreciate the devs' hard work. What hard work? 6 months changing code is hard work? In the end, people will look to the modders to have a nice gaming experience from this game, if the modding will be made easier and more rich from it.

I do hope at least, that modding tools will be something good this time, so the modders can include in the game what these "devs" could only dream of adding, because of *snort* short funding.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Actually, I'd pay 10-30 bucks for this if all it was was "we've taken all these mods everybody uses, given them the dollar-incentive to push for final, complete and polished versions of their shit and added some additional content." However, what they will be delivering looks to be a mess, and the worst is this continual fucking flat-out lying. Not even just "market speech" but downright lying.

pipka

Savant
All they had to do was to make a working ipad port. No, all the effort is going to be spent on mediocrity and superficial stuff, they said.

I do hope at least, that modding tools will be something good this time, so the modders can include in the game what these "devs" could only dream of adding, because of *snort* short funding.

Not a chance. You think they have remade in a few months what the community has developed over years? You think they are expending effort?

I'll be surprised if it's even compatible with most mods.

waywardOne

Arcane

They've stated they won't be releasing any tools.

Even that is a deception implying that they use anything proprietary. They don't. In effect -- like I sadly but accurately predicted -- they are nothing more than officially sanctioned modders of the worst kind.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Actually, I'd pay 10-30 bucks for this if all it was was "we've taken all these mods everybody uses, given them the dollar-incentive to push for final, complete and polished versions of their shit and added some additional content." However, what they will be delivering looks to be a mess, and the worst is this continual fucking flat-out lying. Not even just "market speech" but downright lying.

I agree with this in a way.... But that scaling of the fucking gorgeous 2D art backgrounds was the deal killer for me. Those backgrounds are fucking... beautiful! If they could fix that fucking terrible pathfinding, that.. almost would be worth it.

waywardOne

Arcane

I wouldn't pay them any more than I'd pay the modders they're exploiting.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Yes, we need another bloody npc to the hundred or so already in the game. One of the edges that BG1 had over BG2 was a lack of shitty romance.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Yes, we need another bloody npc to the hundred or so already in the game. One of the edges that BG1 had over BG2 was a lack of shitty romance.

Well, romances was an extremely small part of BG 2, and easy to avoid.
But it's rather sad that so many mods are shitty romances.

Does the importance of romances mean there are lots of female gamers/modders? I can't imagine why regular guys should be so interested in this aspect of the game.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Well, romances was an extremely small part of BG 2, and easy to avoid.
But it's rather sad that so many mods are shitty romances.

Does the importance of romances mean there are lots of female gamers/modders? I can't imagine why regular guys should be so interested in this aspect of the game.
I suspect it's because it's easier to mod in, both because the overall romance scripting is already hyper templated (they have all the same plot as the goddamned default npcs) and that adding a npc is easier than extending a existing one (without breaking stuff) or adding new areas.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
GUYS GUYS there will be more romances!! http://baldursgate.com/neera.en.html

ebdd741b.png

"Casting wild magic is like playing a flute by ear. In magical terms, I can play a pretty mean tune, but when I miss a note the flute shoots fire at everyone."

ace15baf.png

Marsal

Arcane
Do Biowhores seem like regular guys to you in any way or form? Are you forgetting that "Tali sweat" dissertation? These are dangerous deviants, more perverted than almost as perverted as jRPG players.

Kitako

Arcane
I bet they'll change Viconia into a shy teenager waiting to be introduced to the marvellous world of emotions.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Well, romances was an extremely small part of BG 2, and easy to avoid."

Eh. Big deal. Romances are easily avoidable in all BIO games.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
"Well, romances was an extremely small part of BG 2, and easy to avoid."

Eh. Big deal. Romances are easily avoidable in all BIO games.

That's right. I never played a Bioware game after BG2, so I avoided the romances. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom