Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Next Persona coming next thursday

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I like the concept of Persona games, but damn dat gameplay... Nonetheless, I still liked P3.

aris

Arcane
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I wonder if this is going to be a PS vita exclusive as hinted to in some interviews.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wut? That'd be terrible! Nobody has a Vita.
Much better to make it PS3 which everyone and their father has by now.

aris

Arcane
I do!
It's not really implausible either, since Persona 4 golden was a huge success on the PS Vita, which is also mentioned in that very video.

For my sake, I hope so, it would slightly justify my completely spontaneous purchase of the system. I'm really tempted to buy a 3DS too, but gotta save them jew-gold.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Eeeeh I don't want to have both a Vita and 3DS. I don't want anyone to see me play P5 in public- and then what's the point of a handheld if you can't play it on the go.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Well, just like the DS, it only lasts a decent while if you turn the backlight down. If you do, yes, it lasts for a good while. If you don't, welcome to drain-town.

It's better than the GameGear, at least- but not as good as the Gameboy (the brick). I remember that shit lasting for hours and hours and hours.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Also, the 3DS is kicking ass so far for me, I'd recommend it on everyone. EO4 has already been more western RPG than what's going to be released in the western sphere for many, many months.

Does the 3DS have a video out option like the PSP has?

Because I just cannot stand playing on the small screen for very long.

Indranys

Savant
To hell with handheld exclusive game!
They should release it for PS3 too.
I understand that make a game for portable system is much cheaper than console, but if it's like P3P with that visual novel-esque gameworld I'll be disappointed.
I don't have Vita, so I don't know how powerful it is.
Is P4 Golden's world the same as the original P4?
With all 3D environments for town+dungeons without that VN bullshit?

Indranys

Savant
Or we can ask for PC exclusive instead and make it an official cRPG.

Not gonna happen for 1000 years bro.
Atlus is known for their anime-faggotry and old school JRPG formula (grinding and shit).
Keep them away from the :obviously: CRPG please.
The greatest thing the can do in Persona sequel is by adding tons of C&C to the game.

SearchEngine

Learned
Or we can ask for PC exclusive instead and make it an official cRPG.

Not gonna happen for 1000 years bro.
Atlus is known for their anime-faggotry and old school JRPG formula (grinding and shit).
Keep them away from the :obviously: CRPG please.
The greatest thing the can do in Persona sequel is by adding tons of C&C to the game.

That's "Not gonna happen for 1000 years" sis!:rpgcodex:

Indranys

Savant
That's "Not gonna happen for 1000 years" sis!:rpgcodex:

I think they're on the right track in C&C department.
Wasn't P4 have multiple endings?
And one of their tactics NDS RPG (It's called Demon Survivor or something) has a few C&C too.
They should improve that feature for the next Persona.
That's why I called it the greatest thing to do.
Of course the worst scenario will likely to happen than the best one.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Great. Exactly what we needed. More teenage dating sims without the demon party, but with a bunch of imbeciles whose personas looks like some kind of live-action japanese power rangers.

If you don't like Persona you have no soul

It's just so charming

Plus music is great

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Also I hope to Allah that we get some real info on P5 after SMT 4 release in gookland

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
To hell with handheld exclusive game!
They should release it for PS3 too.
I understand that make a game for portable system is much cheaper than console, but if it's like P3P with that visual novel-esque gameworld I'll be disappointed.
I don't have Vita, so I don't know how powerful it is.
Is P4 Golden's world the same as the original P4?
With all 3D environments for town+dungeons without that VN bullshit?

Yep. Vita is pretty damn beefy, no corners were cut with P4G, unlike with the PSP and P3P.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Actually, in Japanese culture, the color black has another meaning that would be more relevant to a Persona game. It's the color of life. Meanwhile, white is the color of death.

I'd like a Persona game with college students for a change. Or young adults in general. Somewhere in the north of Japan, during winter. Personas would be norse-themed, like they were greek-themed in 3 and asian-themed in 4.

I saw the smt4 trailer and a part of me died. The sprites and the anime style cut scenes rob the mood that nocturne's presentation cultivated IMO. I do hope no teen drama or dating stuff there in sm4.
Persona 2( both) were great. Couldn't stand the high school life/dating sim in p3 and p4. Couldn't be bothered with future persona games if they stick to high school daring sim formula. Hope they don't dilute the essence of SMT4 in the by including dating stuff from p3/p4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom