Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix FFX/X-2 HD extras tease FFX-3

A horse of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWZ4bli70Q

- Most of this bonus audio are told by 2 characters: Chuami and Kurugum. They are sent to Besaid Island by Baralai to search for Yuna.

- Tidus isn't together with Yuna anymore, but of course, the real reason isn't explained. At the beggining of the drama, when Chuami, one of the protagonists asks Yuna about Tidus being her boyfriend, she still confirms, but at another point (although
I'm sure it's a lie) when the 2 protagonists are spying a convo between them, she is jealous about some Tidus' friend (Marufi - a friend according to him). Then, she tells him she doesn't care anymore and apparently got another person she likes. Weird enough, he just ask: Who?, which she replies "Someone you don't know."

- Later though, Tidus asks Lulu if she know about who could be Yuna's new love. Lulu gets pretty disappointed and says she thought Tidus would know Yuna a little bit more. She then tells Tidus to figure it himself.

- The weird part about this is when Kurugum, the other protagonists, tells Chuami that he likes Yuna and they should separate from each other. (Like they are trying to induce people to believe he is Yuna's new love, but I doubt it could be, as he has a voice of a 14 years old kid).

- Tidus is still a Blitzball star, but when Chuami handshake him, she notices he's pretty injured and with no energy at all, although he is trying to hide it. Later, when she meets him again, hiding from someone in Bevelle, she also notices he's injured. This may be related to why he and Yuna aren't together anymore.

- Apparently, Yuna woke up from her "bad dream" (aka her FFX-2 version) and is talking like her FFX self again. Rikku and Paine aren't mentioned in this bonus audio.

- Sin is back, although it's not explained why and how it's back. It's told, however, that it was activated by something (note that they use the word Summoned anymore).

- One of the protagonists (Chuami) of this bonus audio drama claims to be Auron's daughter, although this is confronted by Lulu when she mentions about it. Lulu even saus she doesn't look like Auron like Yuna looked like Braska and Tidus looked like Jecht.

- When she asks Lulu if her mother is a liar, she tells her that she wouldn't go so far, but if Auron was really her father, he would definitively make sure she would know, because that's how Auron was.

- In the end of the bonus audio, Yuna's famous words from FFX about defeating Sin are back, with the crowd cheering. You know what that means, right?

O1junX4.jpg

7aI9Mmh.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
A prequel wouldn't be horrible, better some most of the stuff SE has done lately. Doesn't seem like one though.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It'd be nice if this was an open-ended game like FFX-2; I don't think Square has made anything like that since FFX-2 itself and the SaGa games. However, if this information is to be trusted, they want to retcon FFX-2 and build on FFX instead; in which case, meh, whatever, :0/5:.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
- Apparently, Yuna woke up from her "bad dream" (aka her FFX-2 version) and is talking like her FFX self again. Rikku and Paine aren't mentioned in this bonus audio.
- Sin is back, although it's not explained why and how it's back. It's told, however, that it was activated by something (note that they use the word Summoned anymore).

QizMEPW.gif

Um... Wow... They're going to retcon FFX-2.
And to top it off, they're so creatively bankrupt they need to continue Tidus and Yuna's long-concluded story like some sort of weekday soapie.

If they really want to build on Spira's lore a bit more - which I don't think they should - there are far better ideas to consider, including
  1. FF Tactics: The Great Machina War
  2. A blobber delving through some (more) dungeons and secrets within Bevelle - presumably because another monstrosity woke up there.
  3. A mobile adaptation of Sphere-break

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Can they add Yuna undressing, and forced barefoot for all girls. Preferably on nice stones and somehow harsh plants.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
  1. FF Tactics: The Great Machina War
  2. A blobber delving through some (more) dungeons and secrets within Bevelle - presumably because another monstrosity woke up there

I wish. Square Enix seems to be allergic to good ideas lately.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I like how Square keeps making sequels to FFX and FFXIII, instead of the games that were at least sort of good. It seems they like trolling more than they like money.

I remember playing FF X-2 on emulator. One of the most retarded games I ever played.
Some demented fuck should totally lp it.

Delterius

Arcane
Oh my God.

With all the disgust I felt when starting FF X 2 up for the first time, this is one of the most awesome moment in years. Now I understand when the DMC fanboys claimed that DMC 2 (I think its 2, right?) broke the story so much that Capcom had to go through two prequels and one re imagining.

Oh my God.

With all the disgust I felt when starting FF X 2 up for the first time, this is one of the most awesome moment in years. Now I understand when the DMC fanboys claimed that DMC 2 (I think its 2, right?) broke the story so much that Capcom had to go through two prequels and one re imagining.

Other way around. DMC2 didn't screw up the story, just made the gameplay massively easier when the previous game was pretty balls to the wall difficulty and fun because of that. It's still canon and all that, just ignored since it was set much later than all the other games.
Please don't mention the DMC "re imagining". Otherwise
fuck you

FFX-2 OTOH actually had pretty decent gameplay mechanics, it was just everything else about the game that was unbearable.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I remember playing FF X-2 on emulator. One of the most retarded games I ever played.
Some demented fuck should totally lp it.
DO IT FAGGOT
I was already planning on doing a LP of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 at some point. X-2 would fit right in with those as the worst JRPGs I've ever played. Well, those and Xenosaga, but I refuse to ever play that again.

The spoony reviews are the only good thing about FF except he praises 7.
7 at least has some positive qualities.

This was pretty much my exact reaction.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
FFX-2 isn't so much bad as it is very different to Final Fantasy titles before it.
It's an open world game with the vast majority of content set up as side/optional, AND there is enough branching to require multiple playthroughs to see everything.
From that description it would be right up the codex's alley, but unfortunately the game entire execution wasn't very good.

Oh my God.

It's not really the same thing at all, X-2 concluded any lingering threads and provided a lot of closure for other things;
Yuna and Tidus' story is done, it makes no sense to reuse them in any direct FFX sequels.

lightbane

Arcane
Damn, Squeenix is really THAT desperate, it seems. Well, at least FF6 and FF9 are safe... For now. Also, this game proves that once again FF7 is not going to be recycled anytime soon, enraging those fantards which are still waiting for it :troll:

PS: Although I'm sure these days FF7 wouldn't be remade without many important plot changes. Stuff like brothels, protagonists working for a terrorist group and somewhat grey morality (until Sephi shows up) wouldn't be accepted, these elements would be considered too "grimdark" and would be toned down as a response.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Damn, Squeenix is really THAT desperate, it seems. Well, at least FF6 and FF9 are safe... For now. Also, this game proves that once again FF7 is not going to be recycled anytime soon, enraging those fantards which are still waiting for it :troll:

PS: Although I'm sure these days FF7 wouldn't be remade without many important plot changes. Stuff like brothels, protagonists working for a terrorist group and somewhat grey morality (until Sephi shows up) wouldn't be accepted, these elements would be considered too "grimdark" and would be toned down as a response.

Fun fact, it's actually hinted at in FFX-2 that FFVII is set in the far, far distant future of spira.
:troll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Fun fact, it's actually hinted at in FFX-2 that FFVII is set in the far, far distant future of spira.
:troll:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_(Final_Fantasy_X-2)

lulz

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Fair enough if they want to make another FFX game, but they really chose this soap opera crap instead of a prequel with Auron, Jeckt and Braska as main cast?

Duraframe300

Arcane

Of course they would keep it. SE's current problem (A problem that IMO started exactly with VII) isn't anywhere near *not being grimdark enough*. FFXIII starts with a *purge* and FFXIII-2 ends with the entirty of time getting fucked. Not to mention all the shit that happens in XIV, and titles like NIER or Drakengard.

That whole brothel scene was designed by Toryiama even.

Also FF6 is currently in the process of getting raped with terrible re-done mobile artwork.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom