Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mods for Master of Orion 2?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, are there any? I searched my ass off in google and didn't really find anything, so I'd be glad if I got some help.

AZ

Liturgist
There are some for 3, but I don't remember if there are any for 2.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AZ said:
There are some for 3, but I don't remember if there are any for 2.

I never bothered getting part 3 though, as it is considered a disappointment. Is it worth getting it anyways?

Jim Kata

Arbiter
I've been playing through with the dos version mods.

I dunno, seems like something is wrong. The AI just is not aggressive enough, but maybe it's because I am outteching them all in an extreme way.

Or maybe it's just that I just played moo 1. Really, I think moo 1 is better in most ways.

siron

Novice
So you had any trouble to defeat the moo1 AI? I cant believe that. At least I cant remember trouble. Thats why I stopped to play moo1. moo2 provides MP btw...and the mods are mainly for MP...no real AI improvements so far....though i think about tuning up their crappy ship designs...at least the antaran ships.

Regards.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
siron said:
So you had any trouble to defeat the moo1 AI? I cant believe that. At least I cant remember trouble. Thats why I stopped to play moo1. moo2 provides MP btw...and the mods are mainly for MP...no real AI improvements so far....though i think about tuning up their crappy ship designs...at least the antaran ships.

Regards.

At least the AI actually attacks you in MOO 1. I am not sure if it was a mod issue or what, but I have notices in MOO 2 if you outstrip them technically they basically never attack no matter what you do.

As for multiplayer, no thanks.

I find either the people are total idiots in MP games, or else all they do is play it online and I have no chance against them.

Globbi

Augur
Hotseat is also MP. I love playing MOO2 in hotseat mode. Ussualy everyone complains about others playing their turns too long but at least I got some good competition and no this
Jim Kata said:
I find either the people are total idiots in MP games, or else all they do is play it online and I have no chance against them.

Fez

Erudite
Never mind the difficulty in arranging a match with a decent set of players for an ancient turn based strategy game.

siron

Novice
Jim Kata said:
I find either the people are total idiots in MP games,...

Maybe it's you. :wink:

Seriously, I think the community of an old TBS classic differs extremely from RTS communities, where much micro favours teenies/young twens. The chat among MOO2 players is not that leet.

Jim Kata said:
At least the AI actually attacks you in MOO 1. I am not sure if it was a mod issue or what, but I have notices in MOO 2 if you outstrip them technically they basically never attack no matter what you do.

You might be right here. Though I deciphered recently their ship design algorithm. I think I can improve it in the next months...I can also increase their aggressiveness btw. Stay tuned. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom