Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space rangers 2 weapons config

Elias

Novice
Hi, Im still loving sr 2 finally I bought a new hull and upgraded a 20pts droid and I seem to be tanking very well some gear is at tech lvl 4 I belive. The only thing I feel isnt good with my setup is my weapons, I paid 33k for a multi resonator, 1 weapon that slows targets down(cant remember the name) and 1 lezka, that combinations seems to be taking to long to kill some of the better hulled pirates, also the resonator does dmg but it seems to slow to me(asssuming the resonator is the one that is firing like a ball)

I have 3 weapon spaces what weapons would you folks reccomend? I have approx 113 space and thats with the current weapons mounted........I have been through some parts of the idiots guide I havent as yet found any mention of weapons config, does anyone have any insights on this?

Thanks again
Dave

Jim Kata

Arbiter
I talk all about this in the other thread.

If multiresonators are available it's stupd to use anything else except UHMO and the energy version of uhmo..

Elias

Novice
Jim thanks I did see some ref to UMHO but I dont know what it stands for? Silly me hehe , just to clarify should I use 3 UMHOS or what other variation if any to my slots?

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Elias said:
Jim thanks I did see some ref to UMHO but I dont know what it stands for? Silly me hehe , just to clarify should I use 3 UMHOS or what other variation if any to my slots?

Buy three multiresonators.

You can only get umhos from the dominators....

Elias

Novice
Thanks jim I will do that, what does UHMO stand for though? just so I no if I pick one up ?

Elias

Novice
Cool I see you have addressed my final question in the idiots guide thread , so that all I need to know for now time to run some more sr 2 missions then hehe :)

Lord Chambers

Erudite
I'm using 1 Multiresonator, an electronid defragger thing, and 3 frag cannons, because while I see multiresonators around, I cannot tolerate what 4 more would do to my hull size.

Psilon

Erudite
Flow blasters are unstoppable if you like the black hole minigame. Atomic visions are nice there too, but spamming the flow blaster will kill basically anything.

That said, there are much better weapons for the main game. The IMHO9000 is, as mentioned earlier, very very nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom