Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Storm

curry

Arcane
Heroes of the Storm is a MOBA for those who don't have the attention span to play real MOBAs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Heroes of the Storm is a MOBA for those who don't have the attention span to play real MOBAs.
This. I still play it an hour or so a week to do daily quests because I don't enjoy the hardcore MOBA crowd. But I don't pretend it's anything other than more streamlined/casual Blizzard fair.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I play it cause I hope they can improve it to be like real mobas.

generic question: how do these type of game manage to aggregate so many fucking retards?
i mean, one of those repeteadly insulted and threatened me because i didn't use my extremely weak heal on him, and instead retreated because i was the only one not playing rambo, while he was down to less than 10% hp and surrounded by 4 enemies.
then another, while we were largely winning and i was on top of 2 of the 4 score charts, repeteadly insulted and threatened me saying we were losing because of me.

i sincerely hope people like these would die overnight.

AMG

Arbiter
generic question: how do these type of game manage to aggregate so many fucking retards?
i mean, one of those repeteadly insulted and threatened me because i didn't use my extremely weak heal on him, and instead retreated because i was the only one not playing rambo, while he was down to less than 10% hp and surrounded by 4 enemies.
then another, while we were largely winning and i was on top of 2 of the 4 score charts, repeteadly insulted and threatened me saying we were losing because of me.

These games are not for people who can't handle the bants.
But it's hardly unique to them, it's just amplified because of team oriented nature. In Hearthstone or Starcraft you will also get the occasional guy who will tell you how you are a complete retard and a nigger, and you don't know how to play at all, because you have just beaten him.
At least in HotS all chat is disabled. So you don't have to deal with insults from the enemies as well. If I remember correctly, they actually wanted to disable team chat as well in the beginning.

But it's hardly unique to them, it's just amplified because of team oriented nature. In Hearthstone or Starcraft you will also get the occasional guy who will tell you how you are a complete retard and a nigger, and you don't know how to play at all, because you have just beaten him.
At least in HotS all chat is disabled. So you don't have to deal with insults from the enemies as well. If I remember correctly, they actually wanted to disable team chat as well in the beginning.

still doesn't answer my question: why do such games are retards magnets?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

still doesn't answer my question: why do such games are retards magnets?

Why is your mastery of the English language so bad?

Questions, questions..

Wild Slop

Arcane
Damn Brenner between that and your bragging about reporting I'm starting to wonder about you.

It isn't just rough talk or getting wrapped up into the spirit of the game, like in a war shooter to say "Get yer ass over here NOW!!" :role playing: , it is akin to a child throwing a tantrum in a toy store, stomping their feet with flush red face.
The team oriented nature is all the more reason I have such short patience with this behavior. Maybe its because I came from a large family and with our various friends coming and going being a spoiled brat just wouldn't fly. Are these kinds of players little Eric Cartman only child types? Maybe the tedious repetition attracts certain OCD types (and all the personality quirks that come with)?

One of things that leans more towards amusing is the pouting way "GG" is used. GG meaning good game - a way to congratulate or to say "too bad but well fought" during a loss . GG instead will be used as a passive aggressive sulking "I GIVE UP" after a death or falling behind. Quitters. The "Pros" tend quit first. "Pros" will lecture about teams but have no base respect for fellow teammates .

At first I thought I saw a difference between the communities and what I remember League to be, now it getting worse. Some guys say this is spill over from those games and that seems to be largely true based on thing like that report for not being skilled enough guy I mentioned, the lingo used, or even overtly bragging about how they are League Pros.

Despite all of this shit the game still can be fun, again, the popamole style is part of its charm. I like the non item character aspect, I like objectives and round times. "Not having the attention span to play real MOBAs" is a funny thing to say as the 15-20 mins rounds are all the attention I intend to give. The thought of a 40+ min round is very unappealing.

hah shameless. As silly as this shit is I like that the pay aspect of the game is in gay little fashion accessories and not getting access to the best heroes non payers can't.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Damn Brenner between that and your bragging about reporting I'm starting to wonder about you.

It isn't just rough talk or getting wrapped up into the spirit of the game, like in a war shooter to say "Get yer ass over here NOW!!" :role playing: , it is akin to a child throwing a tantrum in a toy store, stomping their feet with flush red face.
The team oriented nature is all the more reason I have such short patience with this behavior. Maybe its because I came from a large family and with our various friends coming and going being a spoiled brat just wouldn't fly. Are these kinds of players little Eric Cartman only child types? Maybe the tedious repetition attracts certain OCD types (and all the personality quirks that come with)?

One of things that leans more towards amusing is the pouting way "GG" is used. GG meaning good game - a way to congratulate or to say "too bad but well fought" during a loss . GG instead will be used as a passive aggressive sulking "I GIVE UP" after a death or falling behind. Quitters. The "Pros" tend quit first. "Pros" will lecture about teams but have no base respect for fellow teammates .

At first I thought I saw a difference between the communities and what I remember League to be, now it getting worse. Some guys say this is spill over from those games and that seems to be largely true based on thing like that report for not being skilled enough guy I mentioned, the lingo used, or even overtly bragging about how they are League Pros.

Despite all of this shit the game still can be fun, again, the popamole style is part of its charm. I like the non item character aspect, I like objectives and round times. "Not having the attention span to play real MOBAs" is a funny thing to say as the 15-20 mins rounds are all the attention I intend to give. The thought of a 40+ min round is very unappealing.

hah shameless. As silly as this shit is I like that the pay aspect of the game is in gay little fashion accessories and not getting access to the best heroes non payers can't.

Toxicity is Heroes of The Storm is far far far far less than dota 2 + League combined.

7/10

Learned
I heard it's just as bad in Hero League and is only tempered, because quick matches have no "real" stake.

abija

Prophet
Any game with pvp (especially group based), matchmaking and a decently sized player base will be toxic. Heroes being different/better is a silly notion.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Consider that for people such as myself complaining that this isn't our first day on the internet or run-ins with angry reactions during games.
it is akin to a child throwing a tantrum in a toy store, stomping their feet with flush red face.
This far different than calling someone a fag or typical shit talk. MOBAs abound with this toddler rage and continued denial of this easy observation is disingenuous.

Toxicity is Heroes of The Storm is far far far far less than dota 2 + League combined.
I don't doubt that's true but I worry about it steadily becoming just as bad.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Are you seriously talking about toxicity?

In THIS place?

RPGcodex is by far, the most toxic place I've ever fucking encountered. And I've seen it all.

That's kind of ironic, I suppose.

Grokalibre

Augur
Indeed.
I've been playing it these last 2 weeks with a friend for who dota2 games last too long, and I'm already bored of it, it's just awfully shallow.
Blizzard claim they removed the "unfun" parts of traditionnal mobas but what they actually did is remove anything that required players to think.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Indeed.
I've been playing it these last 2 weeks with a friend for who dota2 games last too long, and I'm already bored of it, it's just awfully shallow.
Blizzard claim they removed the "unfun" parts of traditionnal mobas but what they actually did is remove anything that required players to think.

Then go back to where you game from. Your precious dota and league of shit. You are unwanted in the Heroes of The Storm community. Kthxbye.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
He's trying to be a buttplug in every orifice of this gangbanged thread. Whenever somebody criticizes the game, it's like rattling an orangutan's cage - he gets himself into panic fit and starts throwing his own feces with his bare hands.

The funny thing is how he says the Hots community is less toxic than lol's/dota's, but he's literally one of the most obnoxious little brats I've ever seen in all mobas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom