Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not going to read that, but I'm talking about something that Codexers should recognize instantly.

There are however worse aspects of the PoE writing than the dick in the ass forever.

Starting from the very concept of souls, or rather their take on it. Souls here are like quantum magic from Numenera. They serve every possible purpose, are an explanation for everything, have no limitations and are not defined in any way whatsoever.

That's even worse than the switch from medieval England to medieval California.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Ahhhh leave it to bugsidian to come up with some imaginative bugs. Here is a one that my game starts behind my desktop and you can't alt+tab it. Such an amazing game!

41.png
1. uTorrent instead of qBittorrent
2. WinRAR instead of 7zip
3. Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition instead of the original

Get your computer fixed, bro.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There are however worse aspects of the PoE writing than the dick in the ass forever.

Starting from the very concept of souls, or rather their take on it. Souls here are like quantum magic from Numenera. They serve every possible purpose, are an explanation for everything, have no limitations and are not defined in any way whatsoever.

I've been saying this since forever, also the Watcher's vaguely defined problem-solving powers. The souls are kind of like the Force in Star Wars, an all-purpose plot insulation.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not going to read that, but I'm talking about something that Codexers should recognize instantly.

I see now that the Codex Superpet is already mentioned in wikis and online guides. Doesn't seem to be a big secret. Keep looking, or reexamine your pet collection and see if there's something you overlooked. It's a pretty obvious tribute.

Sentinel

Arcane
Usually when you restart game or fire it up first time you get good performance but once you switch several maps then performance goes down.
this one was in PoE1 too. I was hoping they'd fix it for PoE2 but it still remains.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
On another note, I arrived in the beta village. I never read the dialogues in the beta, but I should have.

> Hey, wassup with this shipwreck ?
> pfff, the chief wants a tradepost to bring vailians here and trade with them. tssss
> u seem upset ?
> ofc, we warriors, we hunt for food. I shouldn't be building this shit.
> then why don't you go hunt ?
> dude there's nothing to hunt on this rock, are you stupid ?
> anyway, how's your sex life ?
She didn't answer. But the prose described how she lustfully looked at Maia while biting her lower lip.

2house2fly

Magister
You aren't fresh, creative, imaginative and original by doing the exact same thing everyone else is and blatantly following (popular) trends. Not to mention that it's pretty easy to be "original" and "new", I can go fart in a museum, call it performance art and be original and unheard of, but that doesn't mean anything.
My, yeah. What are you reacting to ? I don't think anybody has said or would claim that deadfire is creative.
edit : found it.
He was rewording a post someone else already made

Morkar Left

I, as a male mountain dwarf, paid for a male elven prostitute.
You really have some strange taste mate. Soo which one of you was drilling the mountain?
The hipster kind that y'all make fun of :P
I just did it for the sake of curiosity, and while I knew that these sort of things in this game didn't aim for anything more than a disappointment, I still found it to be a missed oppurtunity. It's simply too minor and insignificant to worth any outrage, but at the same time, I can't help but feel like this situation is the result of writers' lack of confidence at their own characters. Serafen already convinced me as a true bro, I don't need to bang him so we can be eternal soulmates. It just isn't worth it to ruin good characters with how sloppily written their sexuality is.
I agree with you mate,the rat is the only interesting companion. Xoti is kind of interesting but that voice....it makes my dick limp every time. Also the romance is really bad,people just ask you if you want do fuck,if you say yes they ask you to begin courting them :retarded:. Do this people even know how fucking works,what are they,eleven?! It feel like asking a random person in the park for a quicky in the bushes,after they agree you tell them that first you must be taken to a diner,a movie,bought some jewels and then you will do the quicky.

It's an rpg. Of course they give you a quest :happytrollboy:

Harold

Arcane

I see now that the Codex Superpet is already mentioned in wikis and online guides. Doesn't seem to be a big secret. Keep looking, or reexamine your pet collection and see if there's something you overlooked. It's a pretty obvious tribute.

You're obviously talking about this handsome guy
Poe2_pet_backer_grog_icon.png

While Grog is following you around you receive a bonus to Resolve. Additionally, the party cannot Engage and is immune to Engagement. Also, anyone in your party will die when they are knocked unconscious.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Harold Don't spoil!

Regarding our backer item, it might be harder to recognize. If they didn't give it a custom description, you'd have to think hard about its title to get the reference. It's also in the wiki but I think they didn't enter the details.

2house2fly

Magister

*takes deep breath* no they're not, no they don't, no they aren't, yes they do, yes they are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom