Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 remake in Fallout 4

Frozen

Arcane
Don't need no remake its the same engine, same game and graphics only with (shitty) VA added.
Add more lens flare and plastic toy story color could be added as a mod.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
For fuck sake, be creative. Remake Fallout 3 with the Neverwinter Nights 2 engine ; remake Grimoire with RPGMaker ; remake Doom as a text adventure. After the initial laugh, you'd at least wonder how this would turn out and maybe follow it for curiousity's sake.

But this ? There is nothing to be interested about.

typical user

Arbiter
Also, as to Todds interview about all of bethesda being in on this, and their grandest work, remember this is the little lies man, the man who said oblivion had 200 endings
That was for Fallout 3 actually, as far as i remember. But yeah, the guy is one of the worst liars in the gaming industry and it's really hilarious that a lot of people still eat up what he says.

I remember one guy who truly believed this. Like if at least one slideshow is different then the whole ending is different. Wish I would meet him today and point out that Fallout 2 must have 1000 endings with that logic. Didn't bother to count how many different sequences you can get but it is laughable that you get a slideshow for bringing someone violin but there is no mention of helping the outcasts who no one remembers and who could be a counterweight to the whole "bastardized BoS selflessly helping people". I mean someone did try to ground this idea with a splinter group to show they were aware of this but again - it doesn't help these folks didn't even get mentioned in main story.

Funposter

Arcane
For fuck sake, be creative. Remake Fallout 3 with the Neverwinter Nights 2 engine ; remake Grimoire with RPGMaker ; remake Doom as a text adventure. After the initial laugh, you'd at least wonder how this would turn out and maybe follow it for curiousity's sake.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Ok, i actually watched the video and... that shit is just a fucking FPS. I never played FO3 so I don't know how faithful it is but: was FO3 as derp as this? This shit is literally just a shooter.

McPlusle

Savant
Ok, i actually watched the video and... that shit is just a fucking FPS. I never played FO3 so I don't know how faithful it is but: was FO3 as derp as this? This shit is literally just a shooter.
I haven't played it in years, but it wasn't very good. It did have choice/consequence but it was all extremely black & white and one-dimensional

Funposter

Arcane
FO3 was more clunky and green.

Codex Year of the Donut
I can't wait to play this after skywind, skyblivion, FO4NV, FO1 in new vegas, ...
Yup, new games in the series come out before these kinds of conversions make it to beta.
It’s almost like they’re too much effort got too little reward when you could’ve just played the old game
More to do with people underestimating the amount of effort needed to complete such a project. They're not being paid for it, and it's not even their game.

OTOH, I think companies are missing out on the potential profit of remasters. Most of the content needed is already created, it could be accomplished by a few fulltime employees. If it isn't profitable then I'd imagine Beamdog would have gone under a while ago.

Deleted Member 16721

Will this remake has 16 times more detail? That's like, twice the bits, bro. Just wait until the next TES with 64 times the detail drops, then that will be the bomb, yo.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Creation Engine is 7 years old, who in their right mind would want to use that piece of shit? There's even a conspiracy theory that Todd Howard purposefully made FO76 shit to force publishers to fund a new engine.
You mean Gamebryo is 21 years old
And unreal is 20 years old
People really need to face the facts that it's not Gamebryo that's the main problem, but the coders at Bethesda. They're just not very good, and they can't improve because they're set on their bad habits when they started using Gamebryo.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Creation Engine is 7 years old, who in their right mind would want to use that piece of shit? There's even a conspiracy theory that Todd Howard purposefully made FO76 shit to force publishers to fund a new engine.
You mean Gamebryo is 21 years old
And unreal is 20 years old
People really need to face the facts that it's not Gamebryo that's the main problem, but the coders at Bethesda. They're just not very good, and they can't improve because they're set on their bad habits when they started using Gamebryo.
True. Some great games were made in Gamebryo, like Rome Total War.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Good news, the project is back on track,

Please be patient with us as this is a community project, Everything has and will be done for free. There are no contracts and no one has to work on this. So there it is, The Capital Wasteland project is back on for now

https://capitalwasteland.com/

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
“But what about the Voice acting?!?!?” Well after finding some incredibly talented people we have decided to attempt re-voicing the game

I will never understand their persistence. Just let it die, please. I hope Bethesda tries to throw more legal shit at them.

Deleted Member 16721

I wouldn't go that far Monkey Boy. Let them make it if they want to, that's what modders do - they create.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom