Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

character designs.

Every shitty character who debuted in MKX is vasty improved.
Liu Kang and Jax have best design since MK went into 3D.
Cage and Noob looks better than ever.
Strogg version of Frost looks promising judging by spoiler screenshot.

Oh, and trannies gone female.

Not having Smoke

You didn't notice Noob-Smoke did you?

Squid

Arbiter
You didn't notice Noob-Smoke did you?
Where was Smoke? I'll have to rewatch the reveal trailer or something I guess.

EDIT: Also, why would Noob-Smoke be a thing? Smoke never got turned into Cyber Lin Kuei in the alternate timeline so Noob can't reprogram him.

EDIT: Also, why would Noob-Smoke be a thing? Smoke never got turned into Cyber Lin Kuei in the alternate timeline so Noob can't reprogram him.

dmifx8q.jpg

Noob's shadow wears MK9 Smoke's armour, he's not stroggified but both are revenants now so that makes
sence.

Squid

Arbiter
Noob's shadow wears MK9 Smoke's armour, he's not stroggified but both are revenants now so that makes
sence.
Ah well that could make sense I guess. I'm not buying that it is Smoke until we see that it is with better confirmation. I'm not against a Noob-Smoke team up again but I just don't think it is happening.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Reptile is the only character from MK1 that hasn't been confirmed.

BUT:

Steve Beran in an interview, talking about tag team modifiers:
“Then there’s certain things like you can activate Reptile’s Acid Ball. It’s very nostalgic. You have these helpers, if you will. It’s a blast and we’re really happy about that.”

To be fair, I don't really care for redesigned modern reptile anyway. And MK11 will be shit.

erppzx735wr21.jpg

The'yre trying to merge so many characters in this geam:

Erron has acid based moves to replace Reptile
Cyber Frost merges Frost, Cyrax, Sektor, Triborg, Cyber Smoke, Cyber SZ
Noob has Revenant Smoke as a part of his gear (shadow)
Cetrion covers moves of Rain, Fujn and Tremor
Scorpion consumed Takeda's techniques

...and now - Kitana has Mileena's moves which is a shocker.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Our wymmynz are realistic combatants so they are ugly as fuck and don't show skin! High heels are perfectly fine!

Okagron

Prophet
...and now - Kitana has Mileena's moves which is a shocker.
They did this with Kitana in MKX by giving her Jade's staff and her boomerang. This bullshit of combining characters or giving them stuff that belongs to other characters to leave them out of the game is annoying.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Kitana looks hideous. Them going full Asian was an awful idea and that outfit she has on makes her looks like she's going to do '80s exercising in front of the television while the kids are at school.

Talisa Soto, the actress from the first MK movie was the perfect blueprint to base Kitana off of for all time. Sexy, femininely curvy, smooth complexion and exotic eyes with gorgeous hair vs. MK11's hospital cafeteria soup server.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Naaah, I actually like the new Kitana.

There's that weird dark Kung-Fu vibe, so at least she looks like she belongs in a Mortal Kombat game. And I can't say that about 50% of the roster.

Reinhardt

Arcane
She sure looks better than tranny from Injustice but it's very low bar to clear.

Squid

Arbiter
Cyber Lin Kuei 2.0 I guess. Also, Warner Bros sucks. You can either unlock her via story or pay for her? Shao Kahn is a pre-order bonus or like Goro will be 5 bucks after that time frame. I hope the add-on characters don't cost too much.

Vityaz

Augur
Well, at least she has hair. People were freaking out she was bald because of the earlier leaks.

Just hoping she has a non-cyber skin too.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Well, my final verdict on the base roster:

Trash/10

Only worthy entries are: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Kabal.

Everyone else is dogshit. The women look like transsexual paperboys.

Well, my final verdict on the base roster:

Trash/10

MKX had trash roster torn between overrused characters and horrible new ones. MK11 basically has:
- some of the overrused characters but most with cool twist
- improved versions of shitty MKX characters expect for Jacqui who is beyond repair
- few very good classic fighters returning - Shang, Noob, Jade
- one of the best characters of 3D era - Frost
- not so good new characters but still miles better than crap from MKX except for Cetrion

Roster could be better if it were less safe, damn I'd be totally fine with fresh touch on MK where S-Z is repleaced by Frost, Scorpion - by Noob or Smoke, Reptile - by Chameleon, Ermac - by Rain, Raiden - by Fujin etc.

Also, according to my calculations there will be about 3-4 DLC characters from 3D era (out of ~ 12) so it's a fuckin' incline.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

No matter if they added in Reptile, Ermac, Chameleon, Rain and anyone else in the DLC you will always have the black mark known as Jacqui in the roster there that exists to remind you that somehow this void of charisma got in over anyone. I shit on a lot of 3D characters but I'd take any of them than Jacqui, she is the worst.

If they did a huge Armageddon style cast again, the roster would still suck purely because Jacqui is on it. Cetrion is close though.

Let's be real also, Jacqui over Mileena is retarded.

If that story spoiler is trve... awesome:

Frost and Kronika are the same person from different time periods. The cyber Lin Kuei are time cops. Geras is future Jax, well his soul in a golem/machine.
You get to make choices during the story.
1st choice is during chapter 3, you play as either Shao Khan or Kotal Khan and determine the ruler of Outworld.
2nd choice is in chapter 6 as young Liu & young Lao on who to give the keys of time to Kronika or Korrupted Raiden.
3rd choice is in chapter 9 as Hanzo & Kuai on whether to pursue Noob or stop Frost.
Final choice is 3 ways in chapter 12 as Jacqui & Cassie side with Young Raiden or Korrupt Raiden or Revenant Liu Kang.

Deaths:
Reptile killed by Erron Black
Ermac killed by Erron Black
Shao Khan killed by Kotal Khan (depending)
Kotal Khan killed by Shao Khan (depending)
Old Jax kills himself to erase Geras from time
Shinnok killed by Kronika
Kenshi/Takeda/Jin killed by Geras & Frost
Old Kuai Lang killed by Noob Saibot
Hanzo killed by Scorpion
D'Vorah killed by Jade

Cameos
Hotaru
Li Mei
Dagon
Sindel

Frost killing missing Kombat Kids to ensure they won't be back as DLC = 10/10!

From decline news: Erron Black killed Hsu Hao :negative:

Sektor as NPC:

Frost!

Last edited:

Vityaz

Augur
That story list doesn't really look legit. Most of it is contradicting the leak subreddit, where the guy keeps updating everyone (along with streamable snippets) while playing through the story.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom