Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Treasure Fleet - 4X Colonization-like game

Raapys

Arcane
WndBuySell::OnClose() error: invalid balance operation
Crash on performing an empty goods transaction in Europe.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Some of the UI buttons are annoyingly small at 1920x1080(e.g. EndTurn), and the seeming lack of shortcut rebinding is annoying. And is there a shortcut for ending turn?

Also, I put my ship to sleep in my harbor, but it keeps waking up again. This is sad.

Currently the units can only sleep for one turn, I'll look to make ships anchor at harbor for no matter how many turns.
But why do you want to have your ships stay idle? Have them exploring when not transporting cargo. Even revealing empty sea tiles will increase your score.

I will also add a key shortcut for end turn in the next patch (I think the Enter key was most widely used for end turn?). Shortcut rebinding takes a little more time but I will add it to the list of TODOs.

Last edited:

gunman

Arcane
Developer
WndBuySell::OnClose() error: invalid balance operation
Crash on performing an empty goods transaction in Europe.

Got this, it happens when you have zero funds and click on OK without buying/selling anything. Will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Are there random native treasures that can be savescummed into being one of the 7(77) cities of gold, as per original colonization? If so, I'm sold.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
There are occasional random crashes for no discernible reason... but it is quite a lot of fun, and remarkably close to Colonization. Will donate on my next payday. :incline:

Thank you bro!
If you have crashes, it will help if you post here the content of debug.txt.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Are there random native treasures that can be savescummed into being one of the 7(77) cities of gold, as per original colonization? If so, I'm sold.

The ruins are coded into three levels of loot, but greater the loot the greater the danger (risk of losing the unit). And a single one from the map is El Dorado. Also the ruins close to AI settlements can be explored by them if you don't accord them attention.

mondblut

Arcane

The ruins are coded into three levels of loot, but greater the loot the greater the danger (risk of losing the unit). And a single one from the map is El Dorado. Also the ruins close to AI settlements can be explored by them if you don't accord them attention.

But no savescumming for hoards worth a fleet of manowars? You hate fun :(

gunman

Arcane
Developer
The best loot from ruins can easily earn you a galleon or man-o-war (Man-o-wars appears somwhere around 1700). Save scumming might work but the random seed is the same for a game session, so if you do the things in the same order, you will get the same results.
Unlike Colonization, there is no Fountain of Youth, but it can be on the todo list of course.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Patch 1.0.1 is out
http://treasurefleetgame.com/download.html

Changelog:
Version 1.0.1
=============
- fixed crash when performing an empty transaction with zero funds
- fixed crash of path finding routine
- fixed rounding errors when selling goods with tax
- increased fonts size
- added keyboard short-cut for End Turn (Return key)
- ships sleeping in colonies do not wake at the beginning of next turn
- use DEL key to clear the order of selected ship in colony harbor
- new feature: ships can buy supplies and trade with foreign colonies

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game is quite stable now (I am on 1.0.1), but I am running into a bug that produces an unavoidable crash with the following message:
CompleteBuilding() error: building already exists
This happens even if I halt construction altogether, or I am not building anything. Actually, none of my projects are currently close to completion, so it is a mystery.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Melan Sorry for the late reply, the notification email for the watched thread ended up in spam folder and I did not see it until now.

The bug must be related to an AI settlement, I think I know the cause.
For debugging you can add the following at the end of settings.ini

[debug]
showai=1

This way you can click on AI settlements and check their buildings in progress. I guess they try to build a well or a church when they already had one.

Thanks!

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Patch 1.0.2 available for download

Version 1.0.2
=============
- fixed crash when AI completed a building
- new mission type: pirate hunt
- new events when exploring ruins, including Fountain of Youth

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Patch 1.0.3 is out

Version 1.0.3
=============
- added Encyclopaedia
- highlight end of turn button when all units have moved
- non engineers require 50% more tools to make terrain improvements

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Major update 1.1.0 with the release on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1120280/Treasure_Fleet/

Version 1.1.0
=============
- added "Declare Independence" feature
- mortars can now misfire
- combat in settlement may destroy buildings
- reduced experience gain
- if a defending unit lost the horses, fixed movement points at the start of next turn
- if settlement is besieged, production from surrounding terrain is blocked
- reduced drought duration
- added Steam achievements

About declaring independence:
To declare independence you need to have an average development of 10 (development depends on the number and quality of buildings in your colonies).
After you declare independence, your king will send a very strong expeditionary force against your coastal colonies. To win the war, you have to destroy a large number of expeditionary force units. If you lose all the coastal colonies, you lose the war and the game will end.
After you win the war, the following will happen:
- the tax for selling goods in Europe will be eliminated
- you will no longer receive missions from your king
- you can declare war on other European countries on your own

zapotec

Liturgist
Any chance it will be released on GOG? Actually if you need money now i can buy it from steam :incline:

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Had quite a long break from this forum (for mental sanity), so a big update happened meantime.
Added a small research tree with exclusive branches and slightly random tech bonuses, and a naturalist unit that can make New World discoveries.

Version 1.2.0
=============
- added research tree, naturalist unit and discoveries

90ee3db977f9fdd1cec9030b1d235544e026d0f9.jpg

19216acb104e50ad221a57ec2fae25d3b9a35338.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1120280/Treasure_Fleet/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom