Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Let's eat bugs and die horribly in Conan Exiles (Naked Pict Woman Alert)

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
PART 13: HOW DO I GET BARK OFF A TREE?

92wRuMX.jpg

We head deeper into the new territory, looking for a good place to set up HQ. The new biome is actually a rainforest, and doesn't seem to have as much resources laying around. Quite a few hostile tribals wandering around.

hc22HMa.jpg

Some wildlife is available, so food wont be a problem. I'm a bit worried about the lack of rocks in the area. Without rocks, we cant build a shelter.

pkamD5o.jpg

Deeper in the jungle, things start to get a bit creepy. It's surprisingly dark in this area- even during midday. Let's backtrack for the time being- There's got to be a decent location for home.

ndjVYSA.jpg

Found a spot- a small clearing right next to a dried up river bed. A good amount of rocks lay inside, and the forest is just to the left of us. Got the resources, now lets get set up.

6X89EeR.jpg

As I'm plopping down my crafting benches, a croc rips out of the woods, and bites the shit of my blacksmith station. I soon discover that damaged objects can not be moved or picked up again. I get delayed as I try to figure out how to repair it, but it ends up being only a minor convenience.

GL4OcID.jpg

ROOFS... HOW DO THEY WORK?!

x7oF99H.jpg

Don't ask me what's going on here. It works, and that's all that matters.

b9NdXZ2.jpg

I suppose are next goal is to build a Tanning station, as we need leather for the next armor upgrade. One of the components needed is bark. How do I get bark? Ive been harvesting trees night and day and have never seen such a thing. Truly a mystical item. Time to look around.

eJwW1Pg.jpg

Damn crocs wont leave me alone. It's at this point in time I suddenly realize that I built HQ far from water. May have to load up on waterskins.

jksAI0i.jpg

Just north of our base, we find a hostile camp up on a ridge. Chitza waves at the man on the cliff, but he only yells back "YOU GONNA GET RAPED" He then turns around an leaves. I dint know it at the time, but that man can predict the future.

5p9wq1F.jpg

At this point in time I have know idea what I'm doing. I still cant find bark and I have tried harvesting every type of tree and plant known to man. I take a long jog east- The closest source of water. There I fill up about 8 waterskins. I'd like to avoid frequent water runs.

Crq5J9v.jpg

While I'm here though, I decide to check out an island, As I've never really explored any. Maybe a treasure chest full of bark can be found. That may sound unlikely, but 90% of chests I've found so far are filled with rocks, sticks, and plant fiber, so I'd say there's a chance.

D0Alh5f.jpg

Holy shit. Once we hit the island's shore we immediately find a chest.... but I can't open it- BECAUSE I'M NOT A HIGH ENOUGH LEVEL. I'm not even sure what to say about this. Absolutely terrible.

1RdHEcK.jpg

On top of the island, we discover a LARGE BEAST. It's alive- just sleeping. Not going to disturb it, as that would actually make this LP slightly interesting.

jgXuttr.jpg

On the way back home, a massive lighting storm arrives. This is a sign from Yog, telling us to check out a wiki to discover the secrets of bark acquirement.

The secret is NOT to use a hatchet on a tree.... But use a pickaxe? WHAT? That's some sierra point & click logic right there.

lightbane

Arcane
ut I can't open it- BECAUSE I'M NOT A HIGH ENOUGH LEVEL. I'm not even sure what to say about this. Absolutely terrible.

Unless you pay a little with real money, right? It doesn't sound like good design.

On the way back home, a massive lighting storm arrives. This is a sign from Yog, telling us to check out a wiki to discover the secrets of bark acquirement.
The secret is NOT to use a hatchet on a tree.... But use a pickaxe? WHAT? That's some sierra point & click logic right there.

... Game design guys!

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
PART 14: HEART OF DARKNESS

T9dIY7a.jpg

Okay, we obtained some bark, and went back home to craft a tanner's workbench. I need to get some hides to turn into leather, then we will be able to craft the next tier armor.

pohcdJC.jpg

Can I have your hide Mr. Kitty?

gZV95k4.jpg

Please don't eat my hide, Mr. Kitty.

We need to find some easier prey. Perhaps the cannibal camp we encountered last update has some spare skins laying around.

MJE7xGT.jpg

The camp is on a high and narrow ridge, so there's little room to maneuver. There's a few guys patrolling the entrance, so we carefully engage without rolling off to our death. And yes, its a bit ironic that we killed a tanner and sliced his skin off.

rvj0F94.jpg

A cozy little camp, ripe for the pickins.

KzYElbl.jpg

We slaughter the entire tribe... of 3 people. No treasure chest, but one of them had some dried berries in his pocket. They don't provide much food value, but they last a long time (yes- foods have decay timers)

GaI0efm.jpg

I killed a family for their blueberries. I felt so bad ass, I tried to take a screenshot with another lightning bolt blasting in the background... BUT FAILED.

fOH6TUD.jpg

There are a few more high perches in the area, which we check out. Mostly just small settlements with nothing of interest. I kill everyone, and start looting some of these guys armor. And by armor, I mean dirty loin cloths. I think I'll switch out to the new set- once I get a few more pieces.

mEv5WHD.jpg

I have killed so many Jungle people. Raided their villages. Stole their food. Ripped the undies off the wives and daughters. I need to get home before the darkness consumes me.

bnJZ12a.jpg

One more for the road. Caught him peepin in my house.

Rve1lUg.jpg

Okay, this aint the full set, but I'm wearing it. I'm sure it will protect me from the jungle creatures.

Next episode- I go deep into the jungle and die. There will be bare ass and 2 types of pussy.

Vatnik Wumao
This game reeks of missed opportunity. The screenshots show that its got the low / pulp fantasy vibe nailed down, but your commentary hammers home the tedium of actually playing the game.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
PART 15: KATERINA OF THE WILD SEAS

f4H8Trv.jpg

Time to push deep in the jungle and check out some of these dark ruins littering the landscape. I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

OeX2Pfy.jpg

hmmm.. The Mire of Eternal Dreams.

CzjWtJT.jpg

WTF... There's no cotton candy here.

hX4jSvv.jpg

Oh... It's THOSE types of dreams.

xWD6sSx.jpg

We gotta keep an eye out for spiders. Situational awareness is now at 200% Nothing will sneak up on us.

inpxQ2i.jpg

Hah? You thought I'd get eaten by a kitten? Your wrong. I run and climb up a tree, and the cat has no interest in a climb.

I'm a master at this game.

XpdjTdG.jpg

Oops... I fell.

1Ic2i24.jpg

A deer watches with amusement as the cat violently bites into our hot latino ass.

QtsQoqA.jpg

Our pussy just got ate.

68jG49P.jpg

We were killed by a Jaguar. My cotton loin cloth! It did nothing to protect me!

RE2Oe8y.jpg

Ug… Corpse run time.... My body is a million miles away in hostile territory. My years of Everquest experience will be tested.

sCJvAsy.jpg

Well maybe something good came with out death. We discover a nice Iron deposit. I'll be back later

ZQX5M7F.jpg

We manage to get back to the general location of our body- slightly beat up by the jungle wildlife.

fUzESjY.jpg

Crap... I really should have got a better screenshot, but didn't want to risk getting too close..... there's a pirate lady fighting a giant parrot. I'm not kidding. WTF. The lady has a skull on her health bar and a unique name- "Katerina of the Wild Seas", so I'm guessing she's a boss.

9KwACXw.jpg

We wait until the fight spills out into the distance, and we collect our belongings. Oh, Katerina.... There can only be one slut in this Jungle…

KiJlMa5.jpg

Thank god my axe actually does some damage to her. It's a long fight, and she's got some brutal combos I haven't seen before.

JB4vgMc.jpg

Yes... The fight pushed on into the night... But we were victorious. She also has some strange loot- her (badly damaged) pirate clothes, a large tent made from ship sails.... and a...… ceramic pot. We will take a closer look at this stuff when we get back to base.

4ZvYvZh.jpg

I set up camp to cook up some tasty Katerina shanks. Our first real loot haul! Maybe we can find more? If there's pirate treasure in this jungle, we'll find it.

Next episode- I get a peg leg shoved up my ass

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom