Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Summoner 2

Falksi

Arcane
I see very little love for this game, yet i'd say it's probably one of THE best action RPG's out there.

51W5XLMFyUL._SY445_.jpg

Once you get over the initial clunkyness, there's a SUPERB experience in wait, which melds RPG & action elements together brilliantly. It's got everything, great cast of characters, lovely blend of humour & seriousness (the ending is just lush), a nice chunk of originality, great lore etc. etc.

Most importantly it's got a great journey & adventure, something which I find a lot of modern RPG's lack.

740full-summoner-2-screenshot.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

summoner-2-4245e894-e629-4e02-980a-c64eab1dd10-resize-750.jpeg

If you haven't already tried it give it a whirl. I fucking thrive on it, and think that many of you chaps & chapesses would too.

Codex Year of the Donut
The gamecube release had improvements over the PS2 release, and Dolphin is an all around better emulator than PCSX2 so I'd recommend playing the gamecube version.

Naraya

Arcane
Thanks for this. I liked Summoner very much back in the day and I had no idea there was a sequel. Definitely going to check this out!

flushfire

Augur
Being console only is probably why you see little love for it here. I myself haven't played it despite being a fan of the original.

Falksi

Arcane
Being console only is probably why you see little love for it here. I myself haven't played it despite being a fan of the original.

Aye, but in these days of modern emulation it's very much the PC game now.

I'd actually have it as the perfect blend of RPG elements & action. Something that Codexers who are fans of action RPGs should, theoretically, thrive on.

It make The Witcher 3 look like Anthem.

Thanks for this. I liked Summoner very much back in the day and I had no idea there was a sequel. Definitely going to check this out!

Good little game the first one, but this one's several steps ahead IMO, so you should hopefully thrive on it.

Quite a few references to the events of the first game too.

Hyperion

Arcane
The gamecube release had improvements over the PS2 release, and Dolphin is an all around better emulator than PCSX2 so I'd recommend playing the gamecube version.
Late reply, but I always struggled to run the GCN version on Dolphin. Would always crash upon entering Neru's Lair during the opening mission. PCSX2 runs like a charm, however.

One of my favorite ps2 games though. Great quest system, just the right amount of backtracking and no handholding. Some things could be a tad obtuse though. Combat was simple, but pretty fun. Character balance was mediocre. Sangaril and Neru were significant better than the rest imo.

APGunner

Augur
I really liked the original, especially the stealth part of the game.
Never owned a console, so I had hope that the second part would be ported to PC. Which never happened.
:negative:

Falksi

Arcane
I really liked the original, especially the stealth part of the game.
Never owned a console, so I had hope that the second part would be ported to PC. Which never happened.
:negative:

2nd is even better chap. Well worth seeking out on emulation.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

That popup around the end of the video? It was noticeably annoying then but still impressive in size.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom