Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime VA-11 Hall-A Cyberpunk Bartender Action

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
been playing it this week. gonna do this for the turning of the year. day 14 now i think. it's been pretty chill.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Anyone beat the shmup minigame for this? It's the only chievo i'm missing in order to "complete" it on steam. :negative:

Oh and aside from having the game on Steam and its ost on bandcamp, I also have art of the lovely Ms. Stingray as my phone's wallpaper.

Screenshot-20200106-214546-One-UI-Home.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
Its a super chill experience and you really need to work to fail. The bad end even flat out states that the PC failed because of an irrational compulsion to buy useless crap.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Its a super chill experience and you really need to work to fail. The bad end even flat out states that the PC failed because of an irrational compulsion to buy useless crap.
Yep, it's harder to fail than to get the good ending. Failing and the hidden clients are the only need you need to work at(along with the hidden minigame i mentioned).

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
i bought the mira! miki wallpaper and cannot pay rent so i got the bad ending.

i also played ROM: 2064 which is really good too. different but i still like the story, world and characters. turing is an amazing character. it's set in the same universe.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
i bought the mira! miki wallpaper and cannot pay rent so i got the bad ending.

i also played ROM: 2064 which is really good too. different but i still like the story, world and characters. turing is an amazing character. it's set in the same universe.
Yeah, the the three secret clients in VA-11 HALL-A are from that. I'll check it out whenever it goes on sale next.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
It plays more like 1st person point and click game and have light puzzles. kinda like unavowed or other modern wadjet eye games but with snatcher/policenauts style POV. i think the story and characters is pretty good but if you're offended by LGBT stuff you might not like it.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A treat for all you patrons of this fine establishment.

There's an interesting story behind this! These lyrics and vocals were actually written and recorded by me all the way back in 2015. The composer of the VA-11 HALL-A soundtrack, Michael Kelly, is a good friend of mine and he initially asked me to record over the track with the intent of a vocal version of this song featuring in the game. In the end, the in-game soundtrack ended up being instrumental and the recordings were never used. I forgot about them and left them on an old external hard drive. I recently found and listened to the recordings again and decided to share them with you guys! Mike kindly gave me permission to post this. I hope you all like what you hear, I had fun editing my old vocals.

Viata

Arcane
This game is one that should be used as a definition of comfy game. The kind you play to have a little fun, to rest after a boring and tired day. In other words, a game with soul.

Max Damage

Savant
Played it a couple hours some time ago. Visuals and OST are nice, but the characters are annoying, and the mixing part of game felt mostly pointless and tedious. Pretty meh, overall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom